Canopy tour and seeing Montego Bay

Annivcruise

We are signed up for the Canopy Tour in Jamaica on RCCL in March. First - anyone else do that before and was it fun? We are on the 9:30 and will be done by 1:30. Ship doesn't sail until 6:00. Will we be able to spend some time seeing Montego Bay on our own? Is is worth seeing and how easy is it to do? Is the ship right there in town?

Me and my son did this tour last Feb. and enjoyed it. The ride to the place was a little long and very packed in the bus. Also the roads are very narrow and someone lost a load which caused traffic to stand still for about 45 minutes till they got it removed. We loved the shopping and enjoyed the tour.

We did it off of Carnival's Conquest in December. it was AmAZING!

The ride there is a bit on the bumpy side, that was the only thing that bothered me. The tour itself is AWESOME!

The pier is actually gated, so you can't really just "walk" out to Montego Bay, you'll need to take a cab (our tour bus driver offered to take people back to Montego bay after dropping everyone else off at the pier).

There are some shops right there in the cruise terminal where you pick up some souvenirs if you want to.

I was thinking it was about 6-8 zips the first one was maybe 50-75 yards and the last one is a winner at least a football field or two. You fly over a valley with a river under you, that one is a beautiful site and feeling. Make sure you take it all in when you are doing it because it ends so quick. The rest of the zips are a little shorter but I remeber the first and the last the most. Make sure you get a T shirt. I think mine says "I did it in a Harness in Jamaica"

Tammy.

Archived