Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale

davethomasowns

Hello all!

I plan on booking the March 6th Miracle cruise. I live in Ocoee, FL (Orlando) and the ship departs at Ft. Lauderdale. I have an online exam I HAVE to do that morning, so I wouldn't get to leave until around 9am. Mapquest estimates around 3 1/2 hours driving time, getting me there around 1pm. The ship leaves at 4pm. Is this cutting it too close? Like I said in another thread, the only other option I have would be to take the exam on the ship that night. This would suck not only because I would be on vacation, but it’s like $55 for 100 minutes. I could use that money on a lot of other things.

So whats your opinion? Has anybody else ever traveled Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale?

Desperate for advice, thanks in advance!

Shane :)

There is a parking garage right across from the terminal. You would first drop your luggage off at the pier and then proceed to the garage.

There shouldn't be a line that time of day as the majority of people arrive around noon.

You should have time as long as you aren't delayed in traffic or with a flat tire, etc.:o

There is a parking garage right across from the terminal. You would first drop your luggage off at the pier and then proceed to the garage.

There shouldn't be a line that time of day as the majority of people arrive around noon.

You should have time as long as you aren't delayed in traffic or with a flat tire, etc.:o

Most people on my ship will be arriving around noon?

Thanks

Shane

I think your timing will be fine...you will likely beat Mapquest time by 30 min....if you are that worried about it, and really take the pressure off, try booking a hotel nearby and go the night before and do the test in the hotel that morning.

Good luck!

Most people on my ship will be arriving around noon?

Thanks

Shane

Yes, we always arrive around 11:30 to noon and they let you on before 1 to have lunch at the buffet. If you can afford the hotel that's a good idea.

Archived