Fantasy suite - partial obstruction?

Tuko

Hi,

We are thinking about getting a category 11 suite on the Fantasy. We were told that the suites they have left are partially obstructed. Does anyone know what that means? The suites are on the verandah deck-forward. What is the obstruction? Thanks!

Mimi C

My TA said it wasn't the lifeboat. I specifically asked since it's on such a high deck. She said she thought it was something else but apparently she was wrong. You'd think the TA's from Vacations to Go would know.

It is the lifeboats or the bridge wing causing the obstruction. Some of these TA's the large companies hire have never been on a ship before.

fantasy1.jpg

In between the smaller lifeboat and the upper part of the wing is the Cat 11 cabins. If you want a truely unobstructed cabin, choose the Cat 12. If you look at the photo, underneath the red line, those openings midway down the hull, they are the balconies.

Dave

I have stayed in a cat. 11 on the Fantasy and some of those cabins do have lifeboats in front of the balcony. There is an open deck below you and the bridge has a direct line of sight to your balcony. I would not stay in a cat.11 on any Fantasy class again. That is just MHO and I do love the Fantasy class ships.

I have stayed in a cat. 11 on the Fantasy and some of those cabins do have lifeboats in front of the balcony. There is an open deck below you and the bridge has a direct line of sight to your balcony. I would not stay in a cat.11 on any Fantasy class again. That is just MHO and I do love the Fantasy class ships.

I've stayed in a cat. 11 on the Fantasy before, too, and we share the same opinion of it. These cabins don't even compare to the cat. 11's on the Conquest class ships. We didn't have an obstructed view, but still, it was not worth the extra money. You also get a LOT of motion up there in rough seas. Nope. I say save your money and get an OV. Or pay more and get a cat. 12.

My 18yo son and I lucked out and booked a Cat 11 on the Ecstasy last Sept that someone had cancelled right before I called, so i didn't have time to research much. I had been on the Ecstasy before but in a Cat 12. So imagine my surprise when i go out on the balcony-and look down to the deck below!!:eek: :D I love looking down at the water, but you sure couldn't do it from THAT balcony! One thing I DID like about our location was you just went right down the hall, opened the door, and the deck at the front of the ship was RIGHT there! I spent a lot of time out there, and it was the perfect place to be when the ship pulled away from Cozumel!! Not sure I would book one again since I do like to look down at the water, but I still spent time out on the balcony. There are just rails though, so you DO need to wear something that you don't mind other people seeing if they DO see you!:D :D

Thanks for all the insight everyone. I just booked a Cat 11 for my daughter and I on the Inspiration. I knew the balcony wouldnt be that private from what I read here on cc, but by the looks of the picture that jetski posted its hard to get a view of the ocean - is this correct? My normal is life is so hectic that is my fav part of a cruise - to sit and be able to stare out into the ocean.......I know all the Cat 12's were sold out for this cruise as I just booked today, but I am wondering if I should call up and try to waitlist a 12...

or go to an oceanview cabin.

Thanks for all the insight everyone. I just booked a Cat 11 for my daughter and I on the Inspiration. I knew the balcony wouldnt be that private from what I read here on cc, but by the looks of the picture that jetski posted its hard to get a view of the ocean - is this correct? My normal is life is so hectic that is my fav part of a cruise - to sit and be able to stare out into the ocean.......I know all the Cat 12's were sold out for this cruise as I just booked today, but I am wondering if I should call up and try to waitlist a 12...

or go to an oceanview cabin.

Dont get too worried. Most of the comments have been is that you cannot look straight down as the Cat 11's are not at the edge of the side of the ship. From your Cat 11, you can look down and see the walkway of the deck below. The stairs leading up from that deck are outside the balconies. So anyone going up the stairs can see into the front two balconies and across the balcony of the other cabins. You can still see straight out to see the ocean/gulf.

If you are still concerned, then I would call to get waitlisted. If you go with an OV you still are going to have a limited view.

Dave

Archived