Cruising Secrets

CrazyCruisingCat

If you are looking to by any of the t-shirts and soveniers from the ship store, wait until the end of the trip. They run a bunch of sales on the last 2 days.

Thats a great tip, i noticed how at the end of the cruise they sell t-shirts for a fraction of the price but they are usually from places your ship didnt go to...more like previous cruises! but its a good deal nnetheless

Cross pack your luggage incase one of the bags comes up missing, both of you will still have clothes, there is a laundry on board. Put your Liquor minatures in your shoes stuffed with socks. Carry your wine wrapped in your carryon bags. Take the power strip. Get Image Stabilized lenses for your camera, works great on a bouncy tour boat at 300mm zoom. Plenty of memory cards for camera, when full the ship can make CD's from them to let you re-use them, I use a small hard drive to back up my cards. Book the mini-suite or suite, life is too short for steerage. Buy trip insurance, last cruise my wife was med-evacuated in Sitka because of gall stones. It paid off for the balance plus air. Have fun, get up early to watch the harbors for docking you never know what you will miss.

Good Sailing, doing Alaska again next month on Princess.

If you have one, pack a large empty duffel bag (I use a hockey bag~we picked up on clearance). We use it as our dirty laundry bag during the cruise and at the end of the trip we just zip it up and check it on as luggage (of course this was before airlines started charging for luggage) and once home it goes directly down to the laundry room. This leaves plenty of space for all of your souvenirs without going over the weight limits (which have a hefty price too) in your suitcase. I hate wasting time packing dirty laundry!!:D

• 4 months later...

This is something fun we discovered this last cruise the last night. (Saturday night) Our ship was returning to Miami-we walked out to the back of the ship and saw 5 cruiseships returning with us. A couple of ships also passed us going out. We must have seen around 10 ships. We had fun looking through our binculars to discover the ships' names that we saw.

We saw a Celebrity ship but could not make out the name butwwe saw the "X". I laughingly joked to my hubby could he make out grass? Since this ship was going the same direction as us-I knew it must be the Solstice. the Sostice does Sunday 7 day departures.

Archived