wine cruise

paddy Anne

Ok so I am posting this in a thread of it's own in case it has been missed and we are trying to get more family on board.

Celebrity Mercury Oct 13, 2008, - 9 day wine cruise. Only once a year I think. From Vancouver to San Diego. ( 2 whole days in San Fran!:))

A few people from the boards already going and we am hoping to get more.

cheers,

PA

• 3 months later...

Yes I saw that .. we are from Los Angeles... Celebrity is our cruise line of choice... in addition to this cruise.. we also have a Christmas cruise booked out of San Juan on board the Galaxy..We also are leading a group cruise to the Caribbean on the Connie.... but that group is a regular group of people from Cruise Crazies..

My name is Joey and my Domestic Partner of 8 years is David...

Well then Joey and David, welcome aboard. Mary and I look forward to meeting you.

cheers,

Paddy Anne

Thank you.....

FYI the California Supreme Court will release its decision on marriage this this Thursday thats tomorrow at 10 am AM pacific time...keep your fingers crossed..

are you guys wine enthusiasts..??

I would say Yes but that would be an understatment. I have to say Mary knows way ore than me and is constantly checking out new releases and bidding at wine auctions. We are very excited and hope the ship has lots of tastings ect.

Congrats on the Supreme court decision today. :)

cheers,

PA

Thank you...

David likes wine.. he loves a good Chianti..i on the other hand am more of a chard guy.. One bottle will do me 2/s meals alone.. if David has some its gone that night...

There is a nice almond Champagne i discovered while sailing on the monarch of the seas.. if you like i will see if i can get you a link .. its a California winery in san diego / temecula area

We are both usually red wine drinkers and enjoy many of the California cabs.

Have you guys thought about any wine excursions in the different ports? We want to stay in San Fran while there but otherwise want to see the wineries.

We are heading to Vancouver the Saturday before as we have never been. So much to do and so little time.

cheers,

paddy Anne

we will be most likely arriving in Vancouver on the 11th ..still need to find a hotel.. there is a special lady that is a member of another forum we belong and post to on cruising ...wants to meet for lunch.. so we will most likely take the sky tram metro thingy out to where she is on the 12th...

As far as wine excursions.. no not yet we are just starting to talk about what to do... in Monterey and in Astor ... David loves Beer so we may do the beer thing in Astor..

This Vacation is just to get away for a while and to celebrate David's recent promotion... I am sure once I get a chance to focus on this cruise I will be able to converse on the many wine options... do you have a particular good one to share for Monterey?? all suggestions are encouraged!!

Joey

Hey Joey,

We are staying at the http://www.pacificpalisadeshotel.com/.

as are a bunch of people on our cruise. I friend of mine in the travel business says it's a great place.

I am reasearching Seattle this Am. There is a tour called the Underground Tour where you actually go underground and see the city that the city was built on. looks touristy but interesting. Then there is The tasting room- Wines of Washington. This also looks good.

Of wourse I wouldn't mind going to Snoqualimie falls.

I will have to keep reading.

cheers,

Paddy Anne

Archived