Tipping staff in kids program

ekeberg

This is just my opinion, I've never read what anyone else has tipped. On our last cruise a few weeks ago, we were on the Crown Princess for a week. My 3 year old used the kids club probably 2-3 hours a day. The girls were all wonderful to her. One day, she had trouble getting her jean shorts unbuttoned and had an accident. They promptly paged me and had her in a teen kids club t-shirt, belted with ribbon belt by the time I arrived. They were very kind about having to deal with this. During the week, everytime I picked up my daughter, she was so excited and couldn't wait to tell me everything she had done. The staff's kindness towards her meant a lot to me. We left them $50 in an envelope. I don't know if this is more or less than what others leave.

I have tipped and I haven't tipped. It is not necessary. They don't expect it. If you feel like you received a great service for your child, then by all means feel free to show them.

I have seen posts ranging from $10-$100. Yes $100 is on the extreme end. But certain people drop the concierge a $100 for pouring drinks and don't think anything of it. ;) And these people are in charge of your child, not just your beverage...lol.

I would say that $10-$40 is the normal tip. And they divide that amoung the counselors.

When we were on the Glory with our kids in October we honestly did not feel there was great service in that Camp Carnival. It was a Halloween cruise, so we tried to give them the benefit of the doubt thinking they were off because it was not their normal routine.

One event that stands out in my mind in particular, was the kids Halloween costume contest...

The girl/woman running the contest told the group of 3 to 5 year old girls to act sexy while they showed off their costumes to the audience. (This is inappropriate to me!)

She was determining the winner based on the audience clapping and she was getting frustrated that people were clapping for all the children. So, she actually made an announcement to say only clap for the children you think are winners and don't clap for the ones you think are losers. (Umm, I am not comfortable with the kids hearing someone referring to them as losers!) Then when people kept clapping so kids weren't standing up there getting no applause for their costumes, she would get back on the mic and say "I saw you clapping for two kids!"

Honestly, it was almost comical. :o) We understood there was a slight language barrier, but some people were getting a bit upset. It was still a fantastic cruise, but our kids didn't spend a whole lot of time in the program.

:)

I have tipped and I haven't tipped. It is not necessary. They don't expect it. If you feel like you received a great service for your child, then by all means feel free to show them.

I have seen posts ranging from $10-$100. Yes $100 is on the extreme end. But certain people drop the concierge a $100 for pouring drinks and don't think anything of it. ;) And these people are in charge of your child, not just your beverage...lol.

I would say that $10-$40 is the normal tip. And they divide that amoung the counselors.

Hi

Thanks for the tipping information. We are taking a family cruise and have our granddaughter staying in our suite. If, when we board the ship, she wants to stay with her parents, can we get her Set Sail Pass changed to their room.

Thanks.....

Hi

Thanks for the tipping information. We are taking a family cruise and have our granddaughter staying in our suite. If, when we board the ship, she wants to stay with her parents, can we get her Set Sail Pass changed to their room.

Thanks.....

Not a problem, just get the keys changed when you first board. If she isn't old enough to use the set sail pass, then just let it stand as is. She can stay with her parents.

Archived