Hair Salon On The Cruise

cnewberry23

Has anyone gotten there hair fixed for formal night on the Cruise ship? How much does it usually cost, and do they do a good job? Im going on my first Cruise on the Carnival Fantasy Saturday Jan. 26, 2008. I would like to get my hair done, but Im not going to pay a fortune to get it done. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks! :)

You might want to ask this again over on the Cruise fashion forum as well as posting it over on Carnival, if you haven't already done that.

As a rule, yes, the hair salons on board ship will be more expensive than similar ones on the land.

Charlie

Yes, they have salons on most ships and yes it's quite expensive. Just a basic wash and dry is $42 on RCCI and Celebrity ships. Do they do a good job? Depends on what you think is a good job. My mom goes all the time, because she has very bad arthritis in her hands and can't do her own hair, but they don't ever do as good a job as at her home salon. Actually, I've not seen a lot of ship salons that do a really great job unless you want a very simple and easy style.

If you want just a reg style they'll charge around 40-45. If it's an updo you're looking for, it will cost a bit more. Remember they'll add the tip to your bill too, so it can be upwards of $50. Don't know if that's what you consider a fortune.

Personally, I'd read backposts re hair styling in the fashion board. There was an extensive discussion on do it your self styling a while ago that you might want to see.

Archived