Drew Sailbum

disneylover89

Hi Drew! I see you live in GC. I have a question I hope you do not mind answering. My family is very interested in going fishing in GC. We were thinking of chartering a boat with Capt. Marvin. Do you recommend them for fishing? Do you have another charter company that you think is better? What kind of fishing do you recommend? We are doing bottom fishing on Castaway Cay so we were thinking of trolling. Are the fish plentiful or will we spend the day trolling with no fish in sight. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, 13 and 10.

Thank you so much for any help and direction you can provide for us. Have a great day;)

I personally know little about fishing. I do know that certain times of year are better for one type of fishing than another, but really don't know what fish are in season at what time. Apparently the target fish helps determine the type of fishing done.

What little I know about specific operators tends to be what I hear over VHF radio. I know more about boat names than which company runs which boat.

Capt Marvins has a long standing reputation for running Stingray tours. I understand that fishing was a bigger part of that business years ago, but I really don't know anything about which boats they use for their fishing operations, and thus no idea about their operations in that capacity. If their reputation for Stingray trips is to be carried over, then I would expect professionally run charters on well maintained botas.

As to whether you are likely to catch anything... is that why they call it FISHING and not CATCHING?

Archived