VIP Passport Shopping Guide - Free

datpham

I just got back from Rhapsody this past Sunday, and still have a copy of the Passport Shopping Guide. If any one interest, please send me an email with your address, and I will send it to you, FREE. The Passport guide is expired on 11/30/04. I have used or misplaced most of the coupons for Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel ports. But there are still plenty for Eastern and Southern Caribbean ports.

Dat

You can buy from the ship for $20 during the Port Shopping talk. I have not scanned much of them. I can check them tonight and will post more on it later. If you are into buying Jewelries or Watches, there are some $50 off when you spend 500 or more. There are couple free gift from several stores, but I don't think it worth the time to redeem them. May be the gift from Del Sol is fun for little kid, the color changing plastic ring.

The offer for VIP Passport Guide is taken.

Dat

IMHO...book is a huge waste of money. Kind of like buying one of a local entertainment coupon book that schools sell as fundraisers. 98% are for stuff you would never use or even think to purchase. Lot of junk. Someone left a cpoy of one in the Radiance's library with a note about it being a "Royal" ripoff.

My opinion: Skip the port shopping talk. It is all hype! Only attend if you are a serious shopper looking for expensive designer jewelry (diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, watches, gold/silver necklaces, etc.) The coupon books might be worth it for that -- but not for anything else. I excitedly went because they give you an advertisement that says everyone that attends the talk will receive a diamond bracelet. WELL,, I should have known better. You receive a coupon to redeem at one of the Diamond International stores. The bracelet is more like a gold charm bracelet with a small "D" charm on it -- and an itty bitty tiny diamond in the center of the D. The free shopping bag you get from Del Sol is okay -- but not worth the $20 I paid for the book. Also, the guy that gave the talk on the Mariner played up the fact that you got a coupon for a "FREE" taxi ride in Cozumel, but never mentioned that it was only to the shops area --no where else on the island. You only find that out after you shell out your sea pass card and get the book! Oh well, it was an experience for me that I have never had -- next time, I know better!

By the way, all of the "free" gemstones you get -- they are all little itty bitty, especially the earrings -- real small studs. They might be good for people that have more than one hole in their ears, but otherwise they would be lost on one hole!! :D However, I did get two loose 1 ct sapphire stones that are real pretty. I could of had them put in a setting for $29.95, but I passed on it. Maybe I will find a use for them sometime in the future!

Archived