Hawaii Entertainment Book

pinkpearl

I purchased the Entertainment Book when cruising with MOM on the PoAM last Spring. Used for dinner (BOGO) in Waikiki and one other lunch , and for the Polynesian Cultural Center ($saved 40.00 there alone) If we had stayed on Oahu for more days, more $$ would have been saved. Went back in October to the islands with DH in early October and used a few more coupons with savings. Well worth it ! Side note- when we were leaving the Honolulu airport, gave the book to a random family just landing in Honolulu as a gift so they could save some $$, as we were flying back to Phoenix that day.

Side note- when we were leaving the Honolulu airport, gave the book to a random family just landing in Honolulu as a gift so they could save some $$, as we were flying back to Phoenix that day.

And I bet that made their day and really started their vacation off on the right step. Nice thoughtful thing to do.

If you go to entertainment.com you can preview the books offers to see if you would actually use them. The later in the year that you buy it, the cheaper it will be. I am cruising to Hawaii in July and will buy it in June at at least 50% off. Enjoy your cruise!

If you haven't already done so, sign up on ebates.com. They have a $6 cash back for the Entertainment Book on top of whatever offer Entertainment.com has. I bought it for $25 & free shipping so the $6 will bring it down to $19. Ebates has links for hundreds of online merchants and will send you cheques every 3 months based on your purchases.

We took a private sail with Tradewinds Charter at a 50% discount. It was about $250 off their regular price and more than paid for the book. We buy our local book so the add on for Hawaii was an additional 10 or 15 bucks. Well worth it if you find something you will do.

I just purchased it on their web site..www.entertainment.com a few days ago, and received an e-mail that it is on the way. They run specials all the time and I have saved lots of money on rental cars . When you get your book, find the coupons you are interested in.. go to the travel section of their website... choose the rental company you want to use... You will get even deeper discounts that way by printing out additional coupons from their site. I did this for multiple trips to Florida last year and will try it on rentals for my Hawaii trip this year. Good Luck !

If spending time in a hotel while there is something you are doing, and Entertainment card can sometimes get you really good discounts. When we were in HA in 1999, we paid $50+tax for a hotel 5 blocks away from Waikiki and $60+tax for the one in Lahaina. And the Entertainment card doesn't have to be from a HA book - it can be from any of their books. But you only get a great deal if the hotel is booked at less than 80% occupancy for the nights you are looking at, so booking way in advance is very helpful. We got a great deal on a boutique hotel in Vancouver in September using this card as well. No way would we have paid rack rate even though the hotel was fantastic.

Archived