Activities for Mixed Age Groups on Princess

ethelouise

Our family is considering an Alaska cruise this summer (likely Diamond or Saphire).

My son is 12 and his cousin is 13. :( I've learned from the Princess site and these boards that the possibility of a 12 and a 13 year being able to participate in organized youth program activities is slim, unless the 13 yr old is willing to move down to the 8-12 yr old group.

Assuming that's not going to happen, what will the 12 and 13 year old be able to do together? Can they go to the children's area and play video games together? What other activities are available to mixed age groups? :confused:

Thanks.

We just returned from a cruise on the Diamond so maybe I could give you some ideas. The arcade is totally separate from the kids club area so you don't need to be in a program to play games in there. My kids loved playing air hockey. There is also a sports deck with ping pong, a mini golf course and basketball courts where they can have fun together. My son spent a lot of time at the pools, so that is another option. Also, in the library on the Diamond they have lots of great games like Monopoly, Life, Scrabble, etc. My kids checked out games on a couple of occasions and enjoyed playing together with friends in one of the lounges.

Hope this helps!

Archived