Snorkel stuff in Canada

DKNE

Try your local dive shops, and see if they are having an "off season" discount program...

You're more likely to get a well fitting mask from a pro shop, rather than a discount store (Wal-Mart, etc.)

Or if you know exactly what you want, and are willing to risk a maybe not so perfect fit on the mask, go on line...

Depends what you consider inexpensive. I scuba dive so I usually buy this sort of stuff from a scuba shop. There is a shop on Avenue Road called Waterline Sports (just south of Wilson Ave., north of Lawrence Ave., on the east side). They have a lot of snorkel and general water sports equipment. You'll probably find a wider selection there.

Second choice would be Water Sports Scuba on Yonge St. north of Davisville and south of Eglinton, on the west side.

Most the other places I know are outside of Toronto, e.g. Brampton, Streetsville, Markham, Richmond Hill, etc.

Additionally, the Canadian Outdoor Show is going to be at the International Centre (out near the airport) on February 22, 23 ane 24. There will be a Scuba and snorkeling area at the show. You might be able to find a deal there. Mind you, the cost of admission is $10 plus the gas to drive there. Maybe Waterline or Water Sports are your best bet.

Darrell

Scubadiver888, thanks so much for your wealth of info. We leave Sat on our cruise.

What I mean by inexpensive is that I just want to snorkel and see the underwater life, same with hubby, who has never done it before. I really just don't want to use the 'local islanders' snorkel gear. I snorkeled once in St. Croix outside a barrier reef and then at Coki Beach in St.Thomas.

Thanks for the tips on the locations to look for. Do you know any in the Mississauga area more so?

Thanks again, for both your opinions.

Scubadiver888, thanks so much for your wealth of info. We leave Sat on our cruise.

What I mean by inexpensive is that I just want to snorkel and see the underwater life, same with hubby, who has never done it before. I really just don't want to use the 'local islanders' snorkel gear. I snorkeled once in St. Croix outside a barrier reef and then at Coki Beach in St.Thomas.

Thanks for the tips on the locations to look for. Do you know any in the Mississauga area more so?

Thanks again, for both your opinions.

DKNE,

Happy Diver's Den is located in Streetsville. I go there from Toronto. I'd take the 401 to Mavis, go south on Mavis to Britannia, turn right onto Britannia until I get to Queen St. (also called Mississauga Rd.). Turn left (south) on Queen St. Just before Tannery St. there is a mall. If you drive to the south west corner of the mall you'll find Happy Diver's Den. Here is a link to a map http://www.happydivers.ca/contact_us/contact.shtml.

I'm not sure if they are going to have any inexpensive snorkeling gear. They are really more of a scuba shop but Tim (their Padre; he marries people underwater) or Candace (the store owner) should be able to help you out. You can give them a call at (905) 567-8118. They are closed on Sunday and Monday.

Another scuba shop that might be better is Mississauga Scuba. I haven't been in the store (they were closed when I went by) but looking in the window they seem to have a large selection. They are at 1187 Hurontario St. (almost Lakeshore Rd.) in Port Credit. Their website is at http://www.diveaqua.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=9.

In Oakville, on the South service rd. I think its Hikers Den. They had some Dacor kits there, Mesh carry bag, mask, snorkel and fins for a good price and I think everything was silicon so it will be lighter to carry. Phil

Thanks guys.......I went to Cosco today and the prices aren't that bad actually. Fins, snorkel, mask, and a mesh bag, and something else I think....for $37.99. And the fins aren't just generic size, they are actual 'fits 7-9', fits 9-11, kinda deal.

And they come in all kinds of colour!!!

Thanks guys.......I went to Cosco today and the prices aren't that bad actually. Fins, snorkel, mask, and a mesh bag, and something else I think....for $37.99. And the fins aren't just generic size, they are actual 'fits 7-9', fits 9-11, kinda deal.

And they come in all kinds of colour!!!

i just bought this yesterday too

i think for $37.99 it was the youth size

the adult is $48 or so

Archived