glass bottom boat & snorkeling

CharlotteCpl

Has anyone ever done this excursion? I am dying to go snorkeling, but hubby is pretty much a non-swimmer. I figure this way he'll get to see some of what I see too----without having to go in the water.

We are on a bit of a budget and have considered the Atlantis Submarine, but a bit pricey for the 2 of us this time around.

Thanks for any/all input.

Has anyone ever done this excursion? I am dying to go snorkeling, but hubby is pretty much a non-swimmer. I figure this way he'll get to see some of what I see too----without having to go in the water.

We are on a bit of a budget and have considered the Atlantis Submarine, but a bit pricey for the 2 of us this time around.

Thanks for any/all input.

The least expensive and most convenient is catch one of the small glass-bottom operators on the main ferry pier. Daivd Pinto has one called EcoTur. They just about leave on demand, snorkel two nearby reefs, generally Villa Blanca and Paradise. With a good guide your husband doesn't need to be a swimmer, the snorkel position is considered a "drown-proof" position and salt water has such boyancy that divers must use lead weights to go down. I hope he tries it, these are unforgetable experiences.

Archived