Which pier does Costa Med use in SJU and St. Thomas?

mringenoldus

On our Christmas cruise:

San Juan pier 3

St Thomas - Crown Bay (not Havensight/Charlotte Amalie like most cruiselines use.) Not at all convenient - have to either book a tour with Costa or pay for taxi to downtown

Altho I did notice when checking cruises in feb/mar some costa ships were listed as using Charlotte Amalie for dock area (Maybe it depends on how many ships are in port)

You can always call costa to ask the docking pier for the ports on your excursion (I did before our cruise and they were helpful)

I gave Costa a call on the St. Thomas port. They are reporting that they will use Havensight unless it is crowded - then they will use Crown Point or tender.

cruisecal.com shows 5 other ships in port on March 18. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I would tend to doubt that they would tender if there are docks available at Crown Bay. (You'll have to report back after your cruise). I have been to ST Thos twice and have seen the costa ships at crown bay both times. At least you are aware of the possibility - we had no idea we would be on a different part of the island until we got off the ship ~ talk about a rude awakening:o We ended up taking a taxi late morning (the price drops then as opposed to early am) to the downtown shopping area

Archived