All things Independence of the Seas

THESE multi way adaptors are great. I always throw a couple in my case.

Re the food on Indy. I found the portions adequate, but then I did want room for my sweet.

The waiters would always bring extra helpings of anything. There were two rather large Germans on the table next to ours, they always had two different starters and often two or three sweets.:eek::)

Jim.

Hi,

There is no self service laundry. I don't have the price for individual items however they do feature a bagful for $20 at intervals throughout the cruise. You can put in underwear, pyjamas, socks, t-shirts. The items come back folded not ironed. Excellent facility imho.

Hi,

There is no self service laundry. I don't have the price for individual items however they do feature a bagful for $20 at intervals throughout the cruise. You can put in underwear, pyjamas, socks, t-shirts. The items come back folded not ironed. Excellent facility imho.

What about the ironing? Will they press individual items or can we take our travel iron? I think the travel iron is a no no.

Gail

Thanks for all the great infor. I am going to check into the travel steamer, and see if they are permitted on board. A friend of mine told me about Carnival cruises doing a bag of laundry for $20.00 per bag but I wasn't sure if RCL offered that or not.

Again, thanks

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the Indy has gone across the pond perhaps cruisers who have sailed her in the Caribbean could give us updates on her and let us know if they have found anything different on her that cruisers on this side of the pond experienced? :D

Are the pools still heated ?

Are the kettles still in the cabins?

How about the food? Is it different from what has been posted previously when she sailed on the Med?

Now that the Indy has gone across the pond perhaps cruisers who have sailed her in the Caribbean could give us updates on her and let us know if they have found anything different on her that cruisers on this side of the pond experienced? :D

Are the pools still heated ?

Are the kettles still in the cabins?

How about the food? Is it different from what has been posted previously when she sailed on the Med?

I'm guessing they don't have the aged UK comics we had!!!

Hi:

We were on the IOS this past September for their "14 night Italian Med Cruise" and we will be boarding the IOS on the 13th of this month, for a 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. It will be interesting to see what changes they have made from our last cruise to this one. I was hoping the pools would still be heated. We're not tea drinkers, so the kettles in the room didn't make any difference to us. The one big difference I know we'll be talking about is: for our Med cruise we had a wonderful Junior Suite on deck 9 midship; and this cruise, we have a balcony, deck 9. I think I will be walking past our JS and thinking it should still be ours. We always get a balcony but for the very first time ever.....and we're Diamond members with having about 20 cruise with RCCL; anyway, for the first time ever, we were upgraded to a JS for our med cruise and it was wonderful. My DH told me not to get used to it.:(

One big disappointment I think we will be experiencing with this cruise in a week.....I was reading about very recent cruisers not being able to stop at Labadee. We've been going there for over 20 years now, and it's always been one of my favorite ports of call. I understand the labor problems there and certainly don't want to stop if they are still having problems, but it will be a disappointment. And, I was really looking forward to the Labadoozies...yum.:D

Last time we were there was a year ago, when we cruised on the Jewel of the Seas for their New Years Eve cruise and we had a great time. I thought they had the labor problems resolved, but I guess it isn't. Oh well, it won't be the first time we've missed a port of call we were supposed to stop at; and I'm sure it won't be the last. We'll have a great time nonetheless. We're celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary onboard on the 20th of December.:p I remember when we would get a anniversary cake (no charge) and they would sing to us. Lately, they haven't even sang to us....no big deal, but I just compare things to how they used to be. And yes, they did know we were celebrating our anniversary last year on the Jewel of the Seas, but nothing was done.

We'll be on the Oasis for the Inaugural Sailing exactly a year from now and we'll see if that big pier they're building on Labadee is worth all of these problems...:rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to the Diamond Lounge again. We really had a good time there in September. Some Diamond Lounges are better than others, and this one is really great.:D

Happy cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

• 1 month later...
I know this group is growing slowly but steadily, however I am still surprised to find that there are relatively few of us so excited about this ship... Do new ships take some time to build trust before folks will book her, or do you think some shy away because they are often a higher priced cruise than older ships?

We are booked during a busy school break week (here in the US), but we are the only family on the roll call with kids. I know not everyone who cruises is a CC member, lol, but it seems like most of the roll calls are really slow.

Or maybe it's because our trip is just under a year away, idk...

Any thoughts?

Hi Sue - I'm from Mass and am sailing 1/15/09 also.....;)

We will be on the Indy for the T.A. 4-12-09. If anyone on this thread was on the last TA - would appreciate any information you want to share. In particular, if anyone saved any Compasses I would appreciate seeing any of those to help us plan group activities.

Sounds like a wonderful ship - we can hardly wait!! Great information on this thread - thanks for sharing. Mary

We were on the Indy transatlantic and it was a most enjoyable cruise.

Actually, I was prepared NOT to like this ship because of size but it is just like Mariner on steroids and did not seem crowded (except for elevators). There were plenty of activities for all those sea days (altho I did not participate in many--read, instead). Will be happy to answer any specific questions.

We will be on the Indy for the T.A. 4-12-09. If anyone on this thread was on the last TA - would appreciate any information you want to share. In particular, if anyone saved any Compasses I would appreciate seeing any of those to help us plan group activities.

Sounds like a wonderful ship - we can hardly wait!! Great information on this thread - thanks for sharing. Mary

We'll be on the same cruise and I would also love to see any Compasses. How many formal nights are there? What was the entertainment like?

Thanks!

Tracy