Port to Civitaveccia on your own - some questions

Wow Alan, the pictures are really helpful.

I was recently in Zurich and even though everyone said the trains were easy to navigate, we got lost. Because #1, there were no attendants at all for questions and #2 everything was in German. I eventually learned to understand the logic but we lost a couple of hours by getting lost. I am afraid that in one day, it would be hard to learn the Rome trains. However, with your pictures and some of the detailed experiences from the other posters, I think it can be done.

From the pictures, it looks like you can buy your tickets from a person. Do they generally speak English? I found many people in Europe do but sometimes the bus drivers did not.

If we don't want to deal with the subway, is it affordable and easy to get around by taxi? Will taxi take 4 people?

Lia_B

Check this out, it should give you an idea of what you might encounter in Italian, however there is usually someone who speaks english at the counter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/italian/lj/train/index.shtml

(may take time to load)

It is always fun to try and speak the laguage it is always appreciated!

:)

Archived