Help - Pacific Ocean Conditions Mid March

jerseymax

Planning a 2009 cruise and Hawaii has been suggested as an option. I could really do with some advise regarding the waves in the Pacific Ocean in March. The trip would be California - Hawaii - California. I am prone to sea sickness and worry the Pacific is more than I could handle. Has anyone taken this trip?

While the Pacific doesn't tend to be as rough as the North Atlantic in the winter/early spring time, iti has its moments--particularly if there are storms brewing or playing out. If you get a good midship cabin--both horizontally and vertically--the effects will be minimized, and medication or non-medicinal methods of control should also help. Talk with your health care professional to see if the scopalomine patch or other medication are appropriate for your condition.

We have taken this itinerary, and are booked again in April. Because of the tradewinds, the seas tend to be a little rough, but not too bad.

As said before, get a midship cabin. If you don't want a balcony, a lower deck will also help. We book balconies, and found we really couldn't use it much on the crossing. It was too windy.

The balcony is great in port, and to see the volcano during the nighttime departure. (port side)

I actually did not need the patch on this cruise, although I have needed it on other West Coast cruises. Even then, I took it off on the 2nd day.

Pat

We sailed Summit (Celebrity) March 06 LA to Hawaii.

Only the first and last day on sea there were some waves, (not too bad) all other days the ocean was very calm.

Archived