?? for those who sail other lines too

GORDONCHICK

my brother and his gf are going on the spirit this sunday- which restaurants have a surcharge and how much would it be? i am gathering info for him since he does not have the time to do it...lol thanks for any input-

also- i am pretty sure i have seen khaki's and a polo in the d.r. on formal nights on the royal caribbean ships- there are some fashion police on that board that would love it to be true that they turn you away at the d.r. but that is not the case- only rule is no shorts or tank tops in the d.r. at night.....

thanks again for any input on the spirit restaurants :)

also- i am pretty sure i have seen khaki's and a polo in the d.r. on formal nights on the royal caribbean ships- there are some fashion police on that board that would love it to be true that they turn you away at the d.r. but that is not the case- only rule is no shorts or tank tops in the d.r. at night.....

thanks again for any input on the spirit restaurants :)

This is not always the case. It can vary by the ship and the maitre d'. I've seen it enforced with my own eyes. Some lines and ships are not enforcing it by choice.

carmen, you have seen this done on an rci ship? if so, wow. i am always dressed to enter but never noticed others not being allowed in ....

Notice that I never mentioned RCCL. My signature shows the only cruises I've been on, and I was on Celebrity (which is part of RCCL, but different) in September. I also noted this in my first post that was only about attire (see below) in the dining rooms.

On Celebrity, formal attire is required for the dining room. They don't have an evening buffet, but some ships have a specialty restaurant. And they set up a restaurant in the buffet area. Both have surcharges with the last one very small. And the last time I was on Princess, they requested formal wear in the theatre, though I don't know if it was enforced.

And there are other lines &/or ships that do enforce their dress code, but I only mentioned the ones I saw. I guess I would be a dresscode snob to some of you, but I think if you are in a venue (whether invited or your paid to be there) and there is a state dress code with the word "optional" no where in sight, I think it should be honored. Since formal attire is optional on NCL, I will be exercising that option.

Archived