Book excursions thru Carnival or on your own?

curlymama

I'm sure you will get responses both ways, but our preference after 38 cruises is to book through Carnival. You can save some money by booking through a private tour but my thought is if you are spending a $1000+ for a cruise,a few extra dollars is not enough to risk being left on shore. If a Ship's tour is late getting back the ship will wait for you. On a private tour,if for some unforseen reason they are late, you might get left. We saw 3 couples get left in Cozumel because their taxi had a flat tire and was late arriving back at the ship. Whatever you decide, HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

I couldnt agree more.. I will pay more for the comfort in knowing they will wait... I am starting to realize that the older I get the more of a control freak I am.. lol.. and I want everything (that is within my reach) to go smoothly, and if paying more ensures this part goes smoothly then I am in!!... this just takes the stress out of it for me..

For us it depends on the port. If we aren't in a port very long and getting to the ship is an issue, I book through Carnival or if the port has a "rough" reputation. If not either of these things, then going independent is less expensive.

Archived