Adjoining Door Issue???

mikil321

Hi there! I wonder if anyone could help me with this one? I just booked a cruise on the Imagination in August with Travelocity.I am on the Empress deck and just so happened to find out that the room I booked has an adjoining door?I just noticed this when surfing the Carnival website? My question is, has anyone found this to be an inconvenience with noise. Are there two doors like a hotel room where both sides have to open up their doors to make it one large room??? I attempted to call to change my room but it seems there is are no more rooms available with Carnival for this cruise.I informed them (Travel Agency) that their map is incorrect and the legend of the map does NOT show any adjoining doors BUT if you go to the Carnival site theirs does???? The operator didnt know this until I informed her? I took a good look and found Several TA websites do NOT show adjoining doors in their deck maps. Seems they just are concentrating on selling rooms and do NOT care about this issue?? This in my opinion is NOT right. My suggestion to anyone is to go directly to the cruiseship website and make sure you lookup their maps first before booking on one of these sites.If someone could please post any good or bad experiences about adjoining doors I would appreciate it Thanks much Mike and Family

The shared door is exactly like in a hotel. In fact, there are two separate doors. In order to make it "one big cabin" both you and your neighbor would have to open your respective doors. And each door can only be opened by unlocking it from it's respective cabin.

We've had these rooms when we travelled with friends and opened them up. We've also had these room when we've travelled alone and simply never opened the doors.

Noise has never been a factor.

On the Miracle we only had one door and it was locked I could not get in......this made for a big inconvenience when unpacking with the kids in the next cabin. I called multiple times to get it opened...the third time the purser said "we normally don't get to the balcony dividers until the next day, I have your request noted"

I said I'm not talking about the balcony divider....I need the door to my kids cabin opened.......within minutes the steward was there unlocking it (key required NOT jut a thumb turn from our side.

the kids side (closed)

2756181010089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

our side (closed)

2049593990089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

kids side open

2772477150089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

our side open

2114490030089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

BTW AWESOME set up......Spirit class front balconies (on all but bridge deck) have an adjoining interior cabin......twice the space, a balcony for you and less $$ than two balconies.

My DH and I had a room with an adjoining door on our first cruise on the Triumph. We never had any problem...the funny thing is...when we first got into our room we opened up the door only to find that the people staying on the other side had opened theirs when they heard us open ours and it was people we were traveling with. We had no idea they were in the room next door LOL. That was before we learned to look up where our room was and compare that to others in our group.:o

We have had only one room that had the door between them.. Our was not a good experience at all as our neighbors had a special needs child. Even my two grandsons complained about this childs screaming each am and at bed time. If I ever book another of these it will be if I have my family next door. We did not know it was that type of room until we got there.

We have had only one room that had the door between them.. Our was not a good experience at all as our neighbors had a special needs child. Even my two grandsons complained about this childs screaming each am and at bed time. If I ever book another of these it will be if I have my family next door. We did not know it was that type of room until we got there.

You probably would have heard that even if you did not have the door....I hear crying children through the walls....I've had rooms with adjoining doors before, and I haven't seen any difference in noise level, although it really does matter who is next door (door or no door:eek: !)

Hi there! I wonder if anyone could help me with this one? I just booked a cruise on the Imagination in August with Travelocity.I am on the Empress deck and just so happened to find out that the room I booked has an adjoining door?I just noticed this when surfing the Carnival website? My question is, has anyone found this to be an inconvenience with noise. Are there two doors like a hotel room where both sides have to open up their doors to make it one large room??? I attempted to call to change my room but it seems there is are no more rooms available with Carnival for this cruise.I informed them (Travel Agency) that their map is incorrect and the legend of the map does NOT show any adjoining doors BUT if you go to the Carnival site theirs does???? The operator didnt know this until I informed her? I took a good look and found Several TA websites do NOT show adjoining doors in their deck maps. Seems they just are concentrating on selling rooms and do NOT care about this issue?? This in my opinion is NOT right. My suggestion to anyone is to go directly to the cruiseship website and make sure you lookup their maps first before booking on one of these sites.If someone could please post any good or bad experiences about adjoining doors I would appreciate it Thanks much Mike and Family

From what I read more adjoining doors were put in on the Imagination during the refurbish. Could it be that, that is the reason the TA and Carnival had different deck plans?:confused:

there was a discrepancy on the liberty deck plan for my december cruise. the website showed one of the rooms we booked as a double. for that room, we needed a triple. i was very concerned about this, but the cvs assured me that his book was the correct plan and that the stateroom was in fact a triple, with the website plan being wrong. i crossed my fingers and hoped he was right. he was. and, all worked out fine.

but, the fantasy class ships are all going through refurbs as part of the evolutions of fun renovations. and, as part of that, they are adding connecting staterooms. so, it could be that your stateroom actually is a connecting stateroom now.

i wld see if maybe there wasn't a mistake with no rooms being left. because this happened to us once (only once). it was on disney. and it was a paid for cabin assignment, but they later needed the connecting room to accomodate another family. disney called me to discuss it and offered me a choice of cabins to relocate to. but this does not seem to be the practice with CCL from what i have read on these boards.

with CCL they will just move you without your knowledge, and without input from you as to a preference. to me, this never seemed fair. i was always of the position where if i paid for a cabin assignment, i did not want to be put in the position of someone paying the lesser amount for a guaranty, which really is the case when they do this.

Hi ChitownCruisers

We were actually on the miracle with you now we are heading out on the pride with our children and we are booked in these connecting cabins. A review I read said 1) the door would be where the couch should be so you won't have a couch; 2) the balcony was too windy to use while sailing. Your door doesn't look to be where your couch would be...did you have one? How was your balcony? Windy? Which floor where you on? We are 6115/6109.

Hi ChitownCruisers

We were actually on the miracle with you now we are heading out on the pride with our children and we are booked in these connecting cabins. A review I read said 1) the door would be where the couch should be so you won't have a couch; 2) the balcony was too windy to use while sailing. Your door doesn't look to be where your couch would be...did you have one? How was your balcony? Windy? Which floor where you on? We are 6115/6109.

We were deck 5, cabins 5106(interior), 5108, 5110 and 5112 . Yes we had the couch, it was just like a standard baclony except for the door at the foot of the bed. Roll call friends that were with us on my first Miracle had the forward balcony on what I believe was deck 6. I remember their photos showing the door where the couch was, so they had 2 chairs and an extra table.

As far as the wind.....so/so........the wind the first few days was very strong. So much so, that we cancelled the request to have our dividers opened. My SIL and parents were in 5110 and 5112 and they had half of the wind volume that we had in the first balcony and we didn't want to spoil it for them. KEEP IN MIND that we sailed during Troprical Storm Noel.......by day 2 it seemed better so we re requested only the first divider be opened between 5108 and 5110(we let my parents keep their privacy). We had no wind issues after that.

I LOVED these cabins(especially the extended on deck 5) and would book any of the front balcony/interior combination in a heartbeat. It was AWESOME with the kids.

Here you can see the difference between deck 5 extended and the deck 6 balconies

2115475740089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

ours before it was open

2927531520089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2107354770089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

After we opened the 1 divider(all 3 cabins would have been awesome)

2119689600089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2172630030089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

I hope this helped......very easy to get to...take decks 9 2 or 3 to the forward elevators and then to the floor. If you try to walk the length of the ship in the notched halway, it's a pain in the rear.

Ask away if you have any more questions

If someone could please post any good or bad experiences about adjoining doors I would appreciate it.

try to get it changed - about 3 years ago we had one of those cabins, every hour or so from 1am the 2 guys next door woke us up.......we thought they were pumping iron and one of them moaned like he was hurting...i am no prude, but give me a break....disgusting

i

My cabin on the Fascination in 206 had the adjoining door. Our neighbor was a cronic cougher, plus he/she liked to blow dry her hair like 2-3 times a day. Although it's true that you can normally hear these things even without the connecting door, the noise would come directly from the crack between the floor and the door. I make sure now that I don't get that connecting door.

As far as the floor plans go, I guess it's normal that Carnival would have the updated information before other sites. My PVP is good at alerting me about a cabin that might have some issues.

are these pics of miracle? we have two balcony cabins on miracle and i would love to get the balcony divider open. but i thought i read that they cld not be opened on spirit class?:confused:

Yes it's the Miracle........upper deck forward port side. We went to the Pursers desk ASAP with someone from each cabin and put our cabin numbers on a list. They usually do it the second day. As we sailed into the wind we called and cancelled the request. A day or so later when we decided to give it a shot we called the pursers desk, they had my wife and SIL go back down to represent the cabins, and the divider was opened within an hour.

we did the same with 3 cabins on the Miracle a year earlier.......

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

Yes it's the Miracle........upper deck forward port side. We went to the Pursers desk ASAP with someone from each cabin and put our cabin numbers on a list. They usually do it the second day. As we sailed into the wind we called and cancelled the request. A day or so later when we decided to give it a shot we called the pursers desk, they had my wife and SIL go back down to represent the cabins, and the divider was opened within an hour.

we did the same with 3 cabins on the Miracle a year earlier.......

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

Fabulous! thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Thanks for the pics! We are thinking of bokking cabin 4230 aft, but it is an adjoining room to the wraparound next door. Is the door going to be a problem with noise and such? What is on that wall of 4230 the bedside or the vanity side? What is on that wall of the adjoining cabin? Thanks!

Hello! Thanks for the pics! We are thinking of bokking cabin 4230 aft, but it is an adjoining room to the wraparound next door. Is the door going to be a problem with noise and such? What is on that wall of 4230 the bedside or the vanity side? What is on that wall of the adjoining cabin? Thanks!
I don't think the door wil be much of a noise issue.....if your neighbor is going to be loud, it won't matter if there is a full wall or a door. I wish I could help with specifics of cabin layout, but I can't. There are CC'ers with first hand knowledge, I'm sure they will help you out (I can't remember who it was)

Archived