RCCL'er to try NCL: Spirit Vs Star

wdw_dave

I am a frequent cruiser on RCCL and have been on Disney, Carnival, and Princess. We have two young boys 8 and 6. I do not care at all for Carnival. We now live in KS (from MA) so getting to the west coast is much easier. I think it is time to try NCL. Next Feburary I have narrowed down our choices to either Spirit out of NO or Star to Mexico via LAX. I can drive to NO but would need to fly to LAX.

The star seems to have better cabins for my family. Since I know nothing about NCL which ship would you recommend. Any advice?

Thanks

Dave

Both these ships are very nice ships. Either itinerary should please your family. Since this is your first NCL cruise, I would pick the Star only because it has more restaurants choices. Whereas the Spirit has a more than enough restaurant choices.

I have two cars in my driveway. Although one is larger and newer than the other, I love to drive both.

We have been on both and my favorite NCL ship is the Star. That could be that that ship was my first NCL experience, but I liked it better than the star.

The kids club on the Spirit was better though. It had a huge video game room if you have any gamers.

The Spirit is older and does not have as many dining venues as the Star as the Star was built to do Freestyle.

I would chose the Star, but good luck in your chosing. Both itineries are great too.

Archived