Ft. Lauderdale rental car

milkman1972

We are first timers and are spending a few extra days in Ft. Lauderdale after disembarking there. Can anyone tell me if there are rental cars available at/near the port, or do we have to go to the airport to get a car? Any info or suggestions on getting around without a car? Thanks!

I'm imagining you'll be flying out of Fort Lauderdale so it would make the most sense to rent a car from the airport so you can drop it off there on the way to catch your flight home.

Happily, the airport is extremely close to the port so it shouldn't be a hassle.

We used Budget Car rental in October. Picked the car up at FLL airport and returned it to their location across the street from Port Everglades. They had a shuttle that dropped us off at the cruise terminal. On the way back, we caught the shuttle to pick up another rental car for three days and returned it to the airport. It was so easy and they were great to deal with. Have a great vacation!

Karen

Hey Milkman,

I am trying to reserve a car for one day, and I am getting like $78 for a 1 day rental on the smallest car they have. What kind of rate did you get? I think the reason my quote is so high, is because its a Sat. (weekend?) I think we are just going to do the "bags to go" process where they take your bags @ the terminal, print out your boarding pass and off you go. We'll probably just use cabs instead of rentiing a car.

Archived