Photos of San Juan

iflyrc5

I have posted some photos of San Juan that I took on our recent Galaxy Cruise. We did not take a formal tour - just walked around Old San Juan prior to boarding the ship. I need to do some editing, this is the raw data with limited titles. Here is the link http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/san_juan_pr

Comments are welcome.

Oh, those are wonderful! I loved the views of La Perla and the old cemetery (the ones you titled SJ shoreline). The waves were something that day! And Santa... too funny :D

The first few that you labeled Candado -- it's actually Condado (candado is a padlock ;) ).

Thanks for sharing. I'll look at your other sets later. I've been to all the same islands, but never on the Galaxy so I look forward to seeing the ship.

Your pics are beautiful! I am a huge history/archaeological buff so I absolutely loved your Fort El Morro pics.

I've never been to San Juan but this makes me only more anxious to go. I also got a kick out of the San Juan Santa. Thanks for the pics.

Great pics! Can I ask what type of camera you were using for your underwater shots?

Ignore my question - I need to look at more than just the great pics. You had the answer showing.

It is an Olympus 720SW - it is good to 10 feet. They have a newer model 790SW I think, that is good to 30 feet. There are only 2 issues - it is a little hard to see the view finder under water and the battery is very small and only lasted for about 150 images. I bought it as refurbished on ebay for $180 from Olympus. I really like it and will be using it again on our Nov 08 cruise.

iflyrc5, your San Juan pictures are really nice. We will be there in March. I had no idea what to do while we were there but maybe we will just walk along the coast, it looks beautiful. Is there anywhere you can go right down next to the water and walk on a beach near the cruise dock?

iflyrc5, your San Juan pictures are really nice. We will be there in March. I had no idea what to do while we were there but maybe we will just walk along the coast, it looks beautiful. Is there anywhere you can go right down next to the water and walk on a beach near the cruise dock?

The cruise ships dock on the other side of the peninsula from the ocean. It is about a 30 minute walk uphill from cruise docks to the Fort. There is a free trolley that runs all around old town that can take you up to the Fort. Recommend taking the trolley to the Fort then walk back to the ship.

Going there in March ourselfs { all 8 of us just wondering your dates, we are not docking til 5 kinda disappointed, feels like we will have no day light.:rolleyes:

tyson, We will be in San Juan on March 17th. We port at 2-8. We are on ROS.

Hmm, just realized that is St Patrick's Day, wonder if there is anything that goes on that is special?

We plan to take the free trolley up to the forts and then try to find an opening somewhere near the beach and walk a little bit. No big plans here, just sightseeing and hoping to see some beautiful water and pick up a trinket from this port. :)

Archived