My 45 day letter arrived today

Christine in MO

And imagine my shock & surprise to discover not only will we receive a Bon Voyage gift but a $25 OBC credit each ($50 total) for myself & my DH!!!!

But the best part? The letter indicated that the staff members mentioned in my letter will received proper recognition and copies of my letter was shared with their immediate supervisors. I sincerely hope that is the case and they are properly recognized for a job well done!!!

I had never heard of others getting the additional $25 OBC per person. Does this happen often?

I am just so excited!!! I was daydreaming about a cruise I hope will happen in the fall and was even reviewing prices just this morning. Was even a little disappointed that there has been a price increase in the particular cruise that I am looking at taking :( But this makes it all better and has made my day :D

Off to check out Carnivals web-site again!!!

What's the 45 day letter??? I have never heard of that, maybe it's because I have only been on 1 cruise. Thanks in advance!!!

If you write Carnival a letter with criticism and/or praise regarding a recent previous cruise, sometimes they respond with a letter offering you some sort of gift on your next cruise. it's called a 45 day letter because it asks you to contact Carnival 45 days before your next cruise to set up your gift. They give you several choices to choose from, such as a bottle of wine, drink coupons, photo coupons, etc.

I was told to send mine to this address:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL. 33178-2428

That is correct. We got four drink coupons for our last cruise. They were great. They made us what ever kind of FOO FOO drink and just put it in a smaller glass for 1 coupon. Got to love those waiters. Then we tipped them a little more on top of what is already on the price of the drink.

a dear friend of mine is a department head at carnival's "special projects" department..............

edited......................

......................ooops sorry, i just realized there is no im/pm function on these boards???????

i

a dear friend of mine is a department head at carnival's "special projects" department..............

I don't want anything, just wondering if you know what kind of requests you will get with a statement like that...You will need a secretary to keep up with the requests & your friend will probably hate you if you start buggng him/her....Good luck..:rolleyes:

I was so surprised to get a 45 day letter today also! Mine is for $25 OBC for myself and $25 obc for my cruise partner. I wrote Carnival about my 1st cruise experience last summer and someone actually read it! I was impressed.

Archived