Penthouse upgrade

cmztravelers

I have the opportunity to upgrade to a Penthouse on the Dawn. What all does the concierge and butler service give me that makes it worth the upgrade? Thanks.

This should give you some insight as to what your butler will do for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=681821&highlight=asked+butler

As for the concierge, they can book anything and everything you need. From dinner reservations to excursions and spa treatments. Depending on your suite they will walk you onto the ship when you embark. And they will usually visit you a couple of times during dinner through out your trip.

Also keep in mind you get a few additional perks with the penthouse besides the butler and concierge. You get VIP seating at dinner, priority embarkation, disembarkation and priority tendering. I think you may even get a bar setup in your room and reserved seating for the nighttime shows, but don't quote me on that. That may only be for OS's and Villa's. Some perks vary from ship to ship.

Do some searches on the subjects and you will find a lot of opinions. Some people use these services often and other people don't bother with them. It depends on what your needs are and how you plan on spending your vacation. Also keep in mind with the extra staff there is extra tipping involved. You will find a number of posts about tipping out here also.

Enjoy your trip,

Brian

I should also mention that most people out here would take the upgrade if the price is right. You get some nice perks in a suite even if you don't realize you are using them. This will be our 4th trip with NCL and we have yet to be offered an upgrade!

Enjoy!

Be very careful. Once you experience having the butler and concierge you'll be spoiled. :D

Yes, this is literally true. We had a courtyard villa on the Jewel on our last cruise. Once you experience the 14th deck, it will be very difficult (impossible for us) to return to normal NCL cruising.

Warburg, I was the lucky recipient of an upsell to a CV on the Jewel for this weekend! :D I am in the process of packing, and was wondering if I could leave the power strip at home this time. I am thinking there may be plenty of outlets in there?

I already took out the over the door holder and added some things since space will not be an issue! Any other tips or suggestions for getting the most enjoyment out of this (probably) once in a lifetime experience?

Archived