Fishing in Cabo? Any recommendations?

denalialaska

We are on the Dawn's 2 March cruise and we are making arrangements for 1/2 day (5 hour) fishing trips in Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV. (In lieu of this year's 8-day long-range trip out of San Diego).

We will post a report of each trip when we return. We fully recognize that March is not the hottest fishing time in the areas, but it is when we can go.

Thanks for all of your answers. :D

SDPadreFan -The chart was especially helpful. We had a feeling that Springtime marlin fishing wasn't going to be great, but we weren't sure. :rolleyes: Now we know that we will wait until another cruise during the summer or fall for fishing. Thanks for saving us the grief of finding out the hard way.

Does anyone happen to know of a similar chart for Mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta? I would think the seasons might be somewhat the same, but told my DH that I would ask for him.

The "Bisbee" (major fishing tournament) is held in Cabo in October every year. I would guess that fishing costs would go way up, and boat availability goes way down during that time period. Not sure exactly what week it is in October. Just something to keep in mind.

Also; June, July, August, and September are fairly uncomfortable (HOT, HOT, HOT) on the Mexican Riviera.

Archived