One cabin or two

JAGS60

I've never cruised before and am thinking about a cruise with 2 adults and 2 older teens 18 & 16. I can't decide if a balcony room would be just a wee bit crowded with 4 of us....or would I be better off getting the balcony room and a second room say on the inside, hopefully close to one another. Any thoughts would be appreciated.....if it matters am thinking of Mexican Riveria during late March into early April.....Thanks

First off welcome to CC.

Depending on the ship and the category, in most cases you would be much better off with 2 rooms.

Keep in mind most ship cabins are anywhere from 165 to 220 SF. for standard balconies. 4 adult size people in that small space will be a little tight. It can be done, but it is tough.

Another benefit to 2 rooms is 2 bathrooms. This will help with getting ready for dinner and obvious other issues.

You need to decide if your budget for the trip can handle the difference. If it can I definitely recommend the 2 rooms. The cruiseline will probably make you book 1 adult in each of the rooms. Once you are on the ship you can move things around. Just make sure the kids know the ground rules.

Enjoy your first cruise. And welcome to the soon to be addicted.:D

David

As a family of four (2 adults, 2 older teens) we fit into one room on our cruises. There is a lot of closet space and you will find that you wont spend a lot of time in the cabin anyways. The way we look at it is the five hundredish dollars we save by staying in one room is five hundred we can spend on other things on board;) :D

We've only traveled as a couple but have friends who have brought their older teen children with them. They get a balcony and nearby inside cabin. I think the bathroom issue is the biggest need. Teens need more time and have more privacy issues. Getting ready for the day or for dinner will take much longer with just one room and thus one bathroom.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!

Zogrand

Archived