Caribbean weather in November.....

disneymomof5

We are going on a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel over Thanksgiving 2008. Any advice on attire? Will we need jackets on the ship in the evening, etc? Any other onboard tips appreciated... first time family cruiser. Thanks.:)

I've been to both places in January and was perfectly fine, but bringing a light jacket to be safe is probably a decent idea.

We are going on a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel over Thanksgiving 2008. Any advice on attire? Will we need jackets on the ship in the evening, etc? Any other onboard tips appreciated... first time family cruiser. Thanks.:)

I agree w/previous poster, also depends a lot which departure port. This sounds like maybe Inspiration outta Tampa, if it is, you picked a good one. Here's links to the average temps for both ports. If it is cool the first nite, you'll wake up to beautiful, warm, tropical air the rest of the trip.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/CJXX0001?from=36hr_bottomnav_business

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/MXQR0074?from=36hr_bottomnav_business

Thank you so much. YES... it is the Inspiration out of Tampa. Never been on a cruise..... so it is so hard to know which one is a good one for families, etc. We were trying to be smart with the cost as well... and this one just seemed to be the best choice with the new water slides and updates, etc. Thank you again for your help!

Stefanie

Our western Caribbean sailings are about split between Oct/Nov and Jan/Feb. The main difference between the two is a greater chance for some rain in Oct/Nov. I doubt you will hit weather requiring a jacket during your cruise but you should bring a windbreaker/rain jacket that will keep you dry if you should hit a shower. It is rare to have a "rainy day" but a shower lasting 20 minutes to an hour isn't uncommon that time of year.

We sailed for 2 weeks this November, left the day after Thanksgiving. Went to (3 night to)Bahamas, (11 night to) Grand Cayman, Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Cozumel. We sailed from Ft. Lauderdale. The weather was perfect. I believe that somewhere along the line we had an overnight shower. We never wore a sweater or jacket (except as required for dinner) I did wear a wrap out on the deck after late dinner when walking. Florida was not cool, you would need to watch the weather shortly before you are leaving to be sure. And I would pack a light sweater or wrap for evening. Men should always have sport coat, suit coat and tux jackets with them anyway.

It was the best cruise we have ever taken! (11 night Celebrity!!!!!!):D :D :D

Archived