Cornhole on Freedom

Hotfire

In the north they put dried corn in the bags - hence cornhole. Now I will probably get some grief from the pros out there but we made a set when we got home (found the directions online) and I put dried beans in mine. Not to be a rebel but because I didn't want to buy a 50 pound bag of dried corn (they sell it in feed stores).

My family perfected EXTREME CORNHOLE during the holiday break. We rarely get snow in Fort Worth but we had some flurries and the guys just looked at each other with a glazed over look in their eyes and ran out and set up the cornhole game in the back yard. There they were freezing their hineys off (no relation to cornhole) and I stayed in and laughed. Made for some interesting play once it started sleeting a little.

We had a tournament on the Lido deck one afternoon. And although I hesitate to say this, I got a ship-on-a-stick trophy for being cornhole champion! :D

They must do it on a lot of the ships.

Sound like a fun game but I would definately not be declaring myself Cornhole Champion when coming back thru Canadian Customs on the way home.

We had a tournament on the Lido deck one afternoon. And although I hesitate to say this, I got a ship-on-a-stick trophy for being cornhole champion! :D

I'm just glad that on the Glory it wasn't called Glory Cornhole or worse, glory hole. <blush>

I'm sorry, folks. I surely didn't intend to offend anyone.

Of course I'm aware of the alternate meaning of the word and DID consider it when posting. However, I did choose to use it because that's how it's listed in Capers.

And yes, we played in the lobby next to the grand piano as well.

Hotfire

Not offended at all, just has an entirely different meaning up here. I've seen a few words that are different up here.... like a chesterfield in Canada is something that you sit on.

Sound like a fun game but I would definately not be declaring myself Cornhole Champion when coming back thru Canadian Customs on the way home.

ROFL

The guard is likely to reply back to you, as Pierre Trudeau said "The State has no place in the bedrooms of the nation"

And I'm sure that the story will make them laugh for hours in the coffee room, though.

ROFL

The guard is likely to reply back to you, as Pierre Trudeau said "The State has no place in the bedrooms of the nation"

And I'm sure that the story will make them laugh for hours in the coffee room, though.

I am sure it would make them forget about searching me any further at least.

I had a lot of trouble explaining to my female assistant what I was laughing so hard about while reading this. Somehow, telling her I was reading about Cornhole Tournaments, Cornhole Champions, Extreme Cornhole and maybe worst of all Family Cornhole Gatherings sent her running from my office.

This would not be complete without "The Cornhole Song"\

--- > Breathing a sigh of relief <---

I don't even want to say what my first thought was!

Definitely one of these things that has a very different meaning in Canada.

I know exactly what you mean! That is why I looked at the thread in the first place lol :)

From what I can tell the game started in the farmland of the midwest with throwing old dry corncobs at a hole in a box. From there it progressed to bean bags. It is a simple and fun game and better than throwing horseshoes, especially for kids. We first learned of the game in Dayton, Ohio.

I am sure it would make them forget about searching me any further at least.

Not necessarily, this is Canada after all, you might get asked out on a date instead.

I had a lot of trouble explaining to my female assistant what I was laughing so hard about while reading this. Somehow, telling her I was reading about Cornhole Tournaments, Cornhole Champions, Extreme Cornhole and maybe worst of all Family Cornhole Gatherings sent her running from my office.

I can just see the explanations. I was cornhole king on Carnival. I showed everyone my cornholing. Everyone saw me play with Carnival's cornhole. I would never be able to tell anyone without blushing. This is almost as bad as the list of things that you have to be careful with when you are at the hardware store.. screws, nuts, caulk and crack filler.

I can just see the explanations. I was cornhole king on Carnival. I showed everyone my cornholing. Everyone saw me play with Carnival's cornhole. I would never be able to tell anyone without blushing. This is almost as bad as the list of things that you have to be careful with when you are at the hardware store.. screws, nuts, caulk and crack filler.

My wife just came home and I told her I was upset that we booked our next cruise on Princess as I found out that I could elevate my cornholing skills to new levels had we sailed with Carnival...:eek:

I am hoping that she speaks to me again before we leave :o

jenn was that corn on the glory hole.....i mean........

cornhole on the glory................................................................:D

--- > Breathing a sigh of relief <---

I don't even want to say what my first thought was!

Definitely one of these things that has a very different meaning in Canada.

LOL

I agree....we don't speak that term in the South either. I've never heard of it or seen it on any of the ships we've sailed. Interesting.....

Archived