MIAMI: Hilton Conrad v. Holiday Inn...Cab v. Tri Rail ?!?!?!

jac8724

Im planning a day in Miami before our May cruise and had a few questions.

I have reward points for Marriott, Holiday Inn, and Hilton. Ive booked at the Conrad Hilton at 1395 Brickell Ave, right on the water, in the financial district. Snore! But its a gorgeous hotel. I could switch over the Holiday Inn right by all the action, buts its definitely not as nice. For people who know the area, what do you recommend? Keep in mind the ease of getting to the port the next morning is not my concern, Ill get there either way.

Also, we have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale, then get down to Miami to check into our hotel. How much would a cab cost? Any other ways of getting there? I see there is a Tri-Rail but you have to shuttle over to it and seems like kind of a pain. but cheap! What do you guys recommend is the best route for the $? Another option I thought about was renting a car. Any companies let you drop it off at the cruise terminal? Is there any parking over on south beach?

Thanks guys!!! and gals :p

Im planning a day in Miami before our May cruise and had a few questions.

I have reward points for Marriott, Holiday Inn, and Hilton. Ive booked at the Conrad Hilton at 1395 Brickell Ave, right on the water, in the financial district. Snore! But its a gorgeous hotel. I could switch over the Holiday Inn right by all the action, buts its definitely not as nice. For people who know the area, what do you recommend? Keep in mind the ease of getting to the port the next morning is not my concern, Ill get there either way.

Thanks guys!!! and gals :p

Sorry to tell you but the financial district is not boring at all....I live here currently and have lived here for the last 3 years. ITs coming alive with the Mary Brickell Village opening up new restaurants, shops and bars every day. Aside from that down the street there are a couple of bars, happy hour places and a club that are chic and unique in style with different genres to appeal to different people. One last thing, The Conrad is a much nicer hotel then the Holiday Inn....I would choose the Conrad hands down. I used to work in the same building and I could see the wonderful pool area with cabanas from my break room and it looked so inviting. The only action at the Holiday Inn is Bayside.....

Bayside is a completely overated tourist trap and in my opinion will never return there again after my moms purse was snatched from her. Brickell has more class, more spunk and more things to do.

As for reccomendations, here they go:

MARY BRICKELL VILLAGE: Oceanire Seafood, PF Changs, Rosa Mexicano, Blue MArtini, abokadosushi.

Archies, Periccones, Indochine Asian Bistro, Tobacco Road (Live music and bar), Transit Lounge, Red Bar, Novecento, Segafredo's (newst place to open for drinks and very trendy)

Brickell Key: Mandarin Oriental for Happy Hour at Oasis

Awesome! I appreciate the advice! Sorry for making an assumption about the neighborhood, I guess I was wrong. My family and I only have Saturday afternoon and evening in Miami, so I was thinking of checking into the hotel, going over to Bayside to catch a tour boat, then heading down to Ocean Drive to eat dinner, then heading back to the hotel area, maybe for some drinks and music somewhere? Tobacco Road sounds fun, I see on their webpage that they are the oldest bar in miami! I need someplace fun and down to earth- Ill have my parents with me and my brother and "trendy" really isnt their scene. Ive been in Miami once before and this is their first time so I really wanted to highlight the main things, yet we do prefer more authentic experiences to warped tourist traps.

Archived