Prince Rupert

We will be in Prince Rupert in Sept from 8am-6pm and I am looking for ideas.

1. I was reading a post from 2005 about Butze Trailhead and was wondering how much a cab would run now days to and from there for 2 ppl.

Or the name of the cab company? We could ride the bus out there and then a cab back if I had the number (??)

2. Also there is a totem pole park.....does anyone know its exact address

3. Price of scooters? and where to get them?

Thanks in advance :-)

We will be in Prince Rupert in Sept from 8am-6pm and I am looking for ideas.

1. I was reading a post from 2005 about Butze Trailhead and was wondering how much a cab would run now days to and from there for 2 ppl.

Or the name of the cab company? We could ride the bus out there and then a cab back if I had the number (??)

2. Also there is a totem pole park.....does anyone know its exact address

3. Price of scooters? and where to get them?

Thanks in advance :-)

I can't give you the info on the cab company but if you put in Prince rupert on the "Search this Forum' above the top of page 1 all sorts of stuff comes up about Prince Rupert. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

We rented scooters in Prince Rupert when we were on our Norwegian Sun cruise in 2006. I don't recall the price, but it was reasonable IMO and it we had a great time! A couple of our friends decided not to rent them and regretted it later. The rental place "sold out" very quickly, too. The place was called Pegasus Rentals or Pegasus Scooter Rentals or something similar, and they were quite easy to locate, on the main road as we exited the ship. We drove them all over the town and made several stops, and enjoyed getting to see more of Prince Rupert than we would have otherwise. It's a charming town and we enjoyed visiting there.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you looking for more information on Prince Rupert, you can go to www.cruisetoprincerupert.com . Butze hiking trail is offered as a tour on the ships, and you can go over them by boat on tour as well. To get to them you can go by taxi ($$) as it's about 15-20 mins eachw ay up the highway. Make sure you tell the cabbie how long you're going to be, as cell phones sometimes don't work on that section of the highway.

Cheers!

Archived