Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Yesterday, while on this site, I can accross a link to a site that showed exactly where the Carnival Pride was located on a map. It showed how far it had sailed since leaving Long Beach. It also showed how far it had sailed since leaving Mazatlan and how far it was to Cabo.

I should have written down the website, but I didn't. Does anyone know the website address that I'm refering to??

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if this is the site you're referring to....but here's one I have, just in case. http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=H3VU

If you went to the site yesterday, you could check your history and find it that way.

Good luck! :)

I was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences with the attraction, Swimming with the Dolphins" in either Cabo or PV. It has always been my dream to be upclose and personal with those magnificent marine mammals. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

I swam with dolphins at Cabodolphins too and exactly the same as stated by the previous poster but my dolphins name was Jenny. We had 7 in our group. One thing I will recommend.....save your money to buy many photos. They take great pictures and at the time I thought they were expensive and only opted to get 3 pics. As soon as I left, I was starting to regret it. They must have taken about 25 photos of me & DH with Jenny and I only bought 3. Bummer. I think you can get a cd with 8 pictures for $99 - buy it!!!

Also, I am sailing on the Pride this February. I was on the Spirit (sister ship) in April and pics below are of our aft extended balcony 6264. Liked the Spirit so much, I booked the Pride for my kids to experience it. Now I'll make them cruise addicts:D

1566859645_Dolphinswimjump.jpg.28877dbae0e0444357a86a1079a93c8e.jpg

1407424615_Dolphinswim.jpg.576a898413ce09b1982257a3dbc6416d.jpg

722789491_balconyonSpirit.jpg.a46fcef087e3d6c6ab81ca9c57bd37cc.jpg

107901414_balconyonSpirit6264.jpg.205f0a6f0954c3e64df470543367b57c.jpg

Thanks "pkrchkr". Had looked at the QM for 9/27 many times but hadn't been showing any availability for just one night and then it finally came out to approx. $250. Did get a room on the return on 10/5 though since they have a Sunday champagne brunch which wife and I like to sample for whose is the best. Decided to stay elsewhere though on 9/27 and just haven't had much time lately to peruse.

Have been going through several recent reviews and wil definitely post our experience. Thanks, Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for this great thread!!

We are sailing on the Pride from Miami next April. ALthough the cruises will be completely different from the west coast, it is still nice to see many of the pictures here!

We booked two aft cabins.. and cannot wait!

Catrin

Thank you all for the great tips and views.

I have one question though:

I was reading some member reviews and a lot of them don't talk positively of the kids club. We are sailing the Panama in March and chose Carnival because they accept 2 year olds in kids club.

My kids will be 2 and 4 when we sail and because this cruise is a 14 night trip I was kinda hoping my kids would LOVE to spend time in the kids club, but after reading these reviews - I AM A LITTLE WORRIED.

I'm just looking for some comments from previous passengers who have loved the kids club.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you all for the great tips and views.

I have one question though:

I was reading some member reviews and a lot of them don't talk positively of the kids club. We are sailing the Panama in March and chose Carnival because they accept 2 year olds in kids club.

My kids will be 2 and 4 when we sail and because this cruise is a 14 night trip I was kinda hoping my kids would LOVE to spend time in the kids club, but after reading these reviews - I AM A LITTLE WORRIED.

I'm just looking for some comments from previous passengers who have loved the kids club.

Thanks in advance.

Something to keep in mind. You will always have some kids that won't like something and some that will. Please Please Please don't let that sway you from introducing your kids to the kids club.

Here's an example from my own DD5. We cruised last Dec '07 on the Freedom. My DD(then 4) was adament about not going to Camp Carnival. She would not leave our side. On the first night we went to the intro talk and she still didn't want to go. Then the next day we told her that they were having "build a bear", really they did. Well, we dropped her off, she is still whining that she didn't want to be there, she picked up a toy and started playing, DW and I snuck out. 3 hours later we came to pick her up and she didn't want to leave and we had to come back 3 hours later to pick her up for dinner. She still didn't want to leave. After that she wanted to spend all her time there.

Again, some kids will like it, some won't and some kids and parents won't even give it a chance. If the kids give it a chance they usually love it.

I agree about any Kids Club. Give it a chance. My children did not want to go when they were younger. We made the give it a chance. One still did not like it and the other enjoyed going. Now since they are teenagers we have to make them be with us.

I swam with dolphins at Cabodolphins too and exactly the same as stated by the previous poster but my dolphins name was Jenny. We had 7 in our group. One thing I will recommend.....save your money to buy many photos. They take great pictures and at the time I thought they were expensive and only opted to get 3 pics. As soon as I left, I was starting to regret it. They must have taken about 25 photos of me & DH with Jenny and I only bought 3. Bummer. I think you can get a cd with 8 pictures for $99 - buy it!!!

:D

We bought 4 pics @ $25 each .... they asked if I wanted the CD with 8 pics for $99 but we were in such a rush to get out of there that I said oh well, i'll just get the 4.

I emailed Cabo Dolphins when I got home, asked if they still had the pics saved and they do !! So they emailed me the link to the entire collection of photos from our group (just gave them for example Blue Group, 10:00, with Maya on August 22), and I can re-order some if I want. They are $20 each instead of $25 (sent as an email pic) but too bad you can't get the CD of 8 this way.

It's just nice to have an option if you don't get the pics while you are there. But if you are getting pics there, definately go for the CD of 8 pics for $99.

simmy :-)

We bought 4 pics @ $25 each .... they asked if I wanted the CD with 8 pics for $99 but we were in such a rush to get out of there that I said oh well, i'll just get the 4.

I emailed Cabo Dolphins when I got home, asked if they still had the pics saved and they do !! So they emailed me the link to the entire collection of photos from our group (just gave them for example Blue Group, 10:00, with Maya on August 22), and I can re-order some if I want. They are $20 each instead of $25 (sent as an email pic) but too bad you can't get the CD of 8 this way.

It's just nice to have an option if you don't get the pics while you are there. But if you are getting pics there, definately go for the CD of 8 pics for $99.

simmy :-)

Thanks for the info simmy. I wish I had known that cuz I probably would have bought more when I got home. It been too long since I was there for me to get them now but my kids plan to swim in February so its good to know.

We just got off the Pride today...and we had a great cruise! I was wondering about embarkation and debarkation before we left last week so I thought I'd post our experience.

We arrived at the port later than we wanted...about 11:15. We did the check in on the Queen Mary, then stood in the Zone 2 line. We were finally able to board about 12:30. Just like always, rooms were not ready until 1:30 pm--so we had "lido lunch" and toured the ship. I think the ship is in excellent condition, and I thought it was very clean and well maintained. Our beds were comfy, and I loved the bed linens / comforter. We had cabin 4141 (category 5a between two lifeboats), and it was super (we paid the same price as a 4a inside cabin, so we especially loved this cabin...a limited view between two life boats and fresh air!).

Self assist debark started I think about 8:30 am. They started calling the luggage tag numbers about 9:30 ish. We were one of the last numbers called, so we did not debark until almost 11:30am. It just amazes me how we were off the ship about 11:30 ish, and they turn around and start boarding about 12! No down time for the poor crew : (

The parking garage was very easy, and it cost $84 for the week.

You're welcome to ask me any questions. I'll try to answer them--but I must admit, I have a terrible memory!!

We just got off the Pride today...and we had a great cruise! I was wondering about embarkation and debarkation before we left last week so I thought I'd post our experience.

We arrived at the port later than we wanted...about 11:15. We did the check in on the Queen Mary, then stood in the Zone 2 line. We were finally able to board about 12:30. Just like always, rooms were not ready until 1:30 pm--so we had "lido lunch" and toured the ship. I think the ship is in excellent condition, and I thought it was very clean and well maintained. Our beds were comfy, and I loved the bed linens / comforter. We had cabin 4141 (category 5a between two lifeboats), and it was super (we paid the same price as a 4a inside cabin, so we especially loved this cabin...a limited view between two life boats and fresh air!).

Self assist debark started I think about 8:30 am. They started calling the luggage tag numbers about 9:30 ish. We were one of the last numbers called, so we did not debark until almost 11:30am. It just amazes me how we were off the ship about 11:30 ish, and they turn around and start boarding about 12! No down time for the poor crew : (

The parking garage was very easy, and it cost $84 for the week.

You're welcome to ask me any questions. I'll try to answer them--but I must admit, I have a terrible memory!!

We have a shuttle that we are to meet at 8:50 do you think this is going to be doable if we self assist debark?

Thanks for posting about your experience. We are sailing on the Pride on 10/12/2008 and I was wondering how the weather was for your trip. Also I am wondering how many people where there that did the early checkin. Did they all go to zone 2 or were some of them in zone 1? Sounds like you had a fantastic time. We cannot wait to leave.

I'm sure each cruise is a little different, but our self assist started about 8:30 ish....I know they allowed the "early flight guests" off first--and that started about 7:30 ish. We're too lazy for the self assist...we waited until our number was called, and I was surprised it was so late. We did not get off the ship until almost 11:30...this is the latest we've ever been on board. I would think if your shuttle is coming early, you should be able to get off early with the first group. (just tell them you have an early shuttle/flight). Once we got off the ship, we still had to wait in line for customs. That took about 20 minutes.

The weather was great! The first two sea days were warm and sunny - not too hot. Once we got to Mexico it was VERY hot and humid. We walked around the ports and couldn't wait to get back on board to go swimming!

It actually rained in Mazatlan...about 6:30 pm. Thunder and lighting...but it was beautiful! We watched it from our Supper Club window seat! The last sea day (Saturday) was VERY cold but luckily they closed the lido pool sky dome so it was warm enough to sit by the pool and go in the jacuzzi. It makes it difficult to pack! I think you should figure 3 warm days, 3 very hot days, one cold day.

Early check went on later than I thought it would. We showed up later than we anticipated....about 11:15. I thought for sure we missed the early check in opportunity, but we didn't. I really have no idea what time they closed it. Zone 1 ...(gosh, I'm bad at estimating!) I think about 150 people or so in it. Not too long of a line. I'm thinking once they reach a certain count, they start handing out Zone 2. I think those were the only Zones. Once Zone 2 is full, (or a certain time) they stop early check in. I'm gussing about 11:30 ish. When we left yesterday, about 11:45 or so and I could see both Zone 1 and Zone 2 lines were full, and poeple were waiting in a regular line for check in inside the dome. That line looked fairly long. I suggest you try to get there by 11:15 or so and do the early check in on the Queen Mary.

I know you'll have fun on your trip 10-12-08. We ususally go during October and have good weather. Hot in the ports!

Make sure you go to the "Super Trivia" contest. It was the best crew activity we did! Lawrence (from the activities staff) was very entertaining...it's a 3-day contest and the game is played each sea day. (I think it was 11:30am in the Starry Nights Lounge). Try to team up with someone smart! LOL

I just went on my first cruise on the Pride on Sept. 14-21, 2008. It was a wonderful experience. The Pride is always polished and everything shines. It was actually prettier than I was expecting. The nude paintings aren't really that big of a deal---it's art! I took a video of the entire ship and my extended family that watched it was impressed by the ship also. The crew is fantastic and always working hard. About 2 weeks before we sailed, we upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony and it was so worth the money! We loved the balcony. we had the door propped open every night to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. It was wonderful. The weather varied from HOT to chilly. The only thing I didn't bring was a light jacket or sweatshirt and it would have been nice to have one during some of the early morning/late night hours. It can get chilly on the water. Here are links to some of the pictures I took (Took tons more, but haven't put them all online yet)

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/BK3uc4we

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Pf4jA8Qr

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/mG6bs4se

We just got a taxi in PV and he took us to all different parts of the city. We did the deep sea fishing tour in Mazatlan through Carnival Excursions and that was pretty cool. All 6 of us on our boat caught a good size Mahi Mahi. In Cabo, we went to the beach and just hung out there all day, then took a water taxi back to the pier. If you are looking to bargain at the markets, the prices were cheaper in Mazatlan and they basically had the same items there. I'll be happy to answer any more questions.

Oh yeah, our embarkation was very delayed on the 14th due to the 90 day crew customs check that is required. (so if you are sailing around Dec. 14th-expect a major delay getting on board). We were in zone 1 after doing early check in at 10:30, but didn't get on board til 2 or 2:30. Debarkation went smoothly and we were off the boat when our number was called by 10am. Already looking at a cruise next may!!

Triciaa and Newcruisers4,

Thank you both for your recent posts. Did either of you write a review?:) We leave on the Pride shortly and can hardly stand the wait. Do you have any suggestions as to where to eat during the day, other then then the Lido. Did you use either the steam room or hot tub @ the spa? Did you frequent any of the bars? Did you try the supper club? Did you go to tea?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry, I did not wirte a review yet. I will try to write one soon. Being away from work for over a week has really pushed me behind..I'm sure you can understand : )

Eating during the day: we mostly ate at the Lido buffet. We really enjoyed the hamburger/hotdogs outside by the pool. They added chicken fingers and onion rings (I didn't remember seeing those on our last Carnival cruise). And we had pizza a few times. Sometimes we chose pizza jsut because the lido buffet lines were kinda long. We hate having to wait for food, LOL! I really like the pizza! We ate in the dining room for lunch just once. It was nice, but we seemed to always be at the pool in our swimsuits, so the lido area was just easier. We did eat breakfast in the dining room 5 mornings! My husband loves eggs benedict, and they do not serve them at the Lido buffet. I love bagel with smoked salmon with cream cheese. I ordered it the first morning and I was disappointed. It did not taste good : ( so for the rest of the trip I ordered eggs, hash browns and turkey bacon. I know most people think the turkey bacon is icky, but I really like it. I did not order room service this trip, but our friends did. They loved the chocolate cake and the caprese mozzerella and basil sandwich.

I did use the the spa area a few times. I love the dry sauna. I did not use the steam room--it was hot and humid enough outside! Every time I went to the spa it was empty--nice! I had the jacuzzi and the dry sauna all to myself every time! I did use the shower in the spa area once. Everyone raves about these showers. I think it was fine, it was kinda cool to have the water spray from the top and sides, but I didn't think it was that great. I think the showers in the cabin are great. Super water pressure.

We did not frequent the bars.

We did go to the Supper Club. I think we went on Wed night (the late port night). It was empty, and it was wonderful!!! We were so stuffed...great food, and nice size portions. We both ordered the same entree..the duo of lobster tail and filet mignon. We ordered 2 starters and skipped the salad (we can have salad at lunch in the lido!) I had the lobster bisque and the crab cake (mmm!). My husband had the pumpkin something and the escargot. Both of these were just ok. I liked the escargot in the main dining room better. The Supper club escargot starter was wrapped in brioche (or some kind of bread). IMHO it is better swimming in the butter / garlic sauce! The chocolate dessert was fantastic. We both ordered the same dessert, but now we know we should have ordered only once chocolate and then something else. The chocolate dessert was big enough to share. It was huge, actually and beautiful!

We missed tea this trip. It's held around 3:30 in the Renassaince lounge (near the dining room entrance). I like tea....It's always elegant and nice, but we just were busy doing other things! The last sea day the Galley tour was also at 3:30 so we saw the tea set up as we entered the dining room for the galley tour. The tour was really fun!

Thanks a lot, Triciaa - This was "almost" as good as a review:D Yes, I understand about being overloaded at work upon return:eek: I hate that!!!

Your info was great. We're going to go to the supper club too, but probably on the second sea day. As for the spa, I wouldn't have known about using their facilities, if I hadn't been these wonderful, informative boards:p

Thanks again.

you're very welcome!

About the Supper Club: the first sea night is formal night (Monday).

The next night (Tues) is very crowded...if you want to go on this night, try to make your reservations as soon as you board : )

Another thing I forgot to mention is the "live music" in the Supper Club. It was pretty bad...just a duo and neither one can sing well LOL! When we were there, no one danced at all. I remember being in the Supper Club on the Spirit about 6 years ago..the live music was a small band that played great music to dance to.

you're very welcome!

About the Supper Club: the first sea night is formal night (Monday).

The next night (Tues) is very crowded...if you want to go on this night, try to make your reservations as soon as you board : )

Another thing I forgot to mention is the "live music" in the Supper Club. It was pretty bad...just a duo and neither one can sing well LOL! When we were there, no one danced at all. I remember being in the Supper Club on the Spirit about 6 years ago..the live music was a small band that played great music to dance to.

Thanks again. I already made a reservation for Tues night, via the web site. Since I'm not sure how well that works, I'll stop by once we board and hopefully someone will be there.

Yup...18 more days...

Archived