Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Any one know what the kids menu has on it. I found a great list and printed it out from one poster on this thread for the main dining room menu but am having difficulty with the finding the kids choices.

Any one know what the kids menu has on it. I found a great list and printed it out from one poster on this thread for the main dining room menu but am having difficulty with the finding the kids choices.

oops double post sorry

Subscribing....great thread, as we (hubby and me, and two teens) will be sailing Oct 26, 2008. Sailed on Disney Magic twice (carribean) and looking forward to seeing the other coast! How do the ships compare?

Subscribing....great thread, as we (hubby and me, and two teens) will be sailing Oct 26, 2008. Sailed on Disney Magic twice (carribean) and looking forward to seeing the other coast! How do the ships compare?

You sail the cruise before us.

I have not been on the Pride, but I would not compare any ship to Disney (also we have been on 3 Carnival cruises, 4 RCI and one NCL). I have been on Disney 3 times and refuse to compare them. I find it impossible to do so. Not saying Disney is better or worse...just hugely different. The only way I know to explain is that you can not compare Apple and Oranges. Both are good but different.

Anyone that has sailed on the Pride or sister ship know where a good place to have our roll call meet and greet?

Our small group would like to meet somewhere. I've always been to meet and greets right after the life boat drill. If we meet at the aft pool/bar how long after the life boat drill can you see "land"? I wish the life boat drill wasn't at sail away! Brownie points to RC for having their drill before pulling up anchor.

I love meeting everyone that you have been chatting too for months.

Thanks for the help!

Anyone that has sailed on the Pride or sister ship know where a good place to have our roll call meet and greet?

Our small group would like to meet somewhere. I've always been to meet and greets right after the life boat drill. If we meet at the aft pool/bar how long after the life boat drill can you see "land"? I wish the life boat drill wasn't at sail away! Brownie points to RC for having their drill before pulling up anchor.

I love meeting everyone that you have been chatting too for months.

Thanks for the help!

PRlido2.gifDeckplan.JPG

Ship on left is the Pride, the one on the right is the Spirit. They are sister ships. (the Spirit just has a smaller photo above, taken from different sites). The red star on the Spirit is where we had our sail away party and it worked out quite well. Lots of chairs around, close to bar, restrooms, soft serve ice cream stations and perfect for seeing the sights during sailaway. We met about right after the life boat drill.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mary! That's perfect! I'll pass the information onto our Roll Call.

Glad I could be of help. Wennfred is the one who told us of this location (with map) for one of the Spirit cruises we were on with him, then we used it for our Nov 07 Spirit Cruise also. Worked out as a great location. Have a wonderful cruise.

Hi All...good thing I subscribed a few days back. This thread got buried! We are cruising on the cheap this time...airfare for four from Chicago necessitates this:eek: !! We booked an inside towards the back of deck five, that has two twins/king and two upper berths. I think room 5279? It is a room with two dots for those of you familiar with that kind of stuff. Any photos of the layout? How are the two uppers arranged? Thanks for all the info!

Hi All...good thing I subscribed a few days back. This thread got buried! We are cruising on the cheap this time...airfare for four from Chicago necessitates this:eek: !! We booked an inside towards the back of deck five, that has two twins/king and two upper berths. I think room 5279? It is a room with two dots for those of you familiar with that kind of stuff. Any photos of the layout? How are the two uppers arranged? Thanks for all the info!

I found a photo of an inside cabin on the Pride ... if you look closely you will see the upper berths are folded up against the walls (right above the beds).

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2729263460103277007LRYYYF

There are a couple other photos in this album of the cabin, but of the cabinet area and bathroom.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2946675900100977262HLRTqd

Here's a photo of the berth made up with two children on it.

Here's a photo of a berth over the sofa in cabin 1192

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2725186640100977262PxQqVd

this cabin has an oceanview, but is a good view of the upper berth and how it folds down from the wall.

Heres the kids menu i got on carnivalwiki.com

Fun Ship Feast

• Fresh Fruit Cocktail
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
  • Hamburger or Cheeseburger
  • Chicken Nuggets
  • Hot Dog
  • Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza
  • French Fries
  • Daily Junior Special

Desserts

• Chocolate Brownies
  • Banana Split
  • Assorted Cookies
  • Ice Creams
  • Jello with Custard

I will be on the Pride also in November and i am so excited i dont think anyone can tell me a bad thing about it.. This is me and my families first crusie and we are going to make the best of it and not let a single person mess it up.... What is the weather like in November i live in Nevada where its never cold.... Love This post lets keep it going...

I've cruised the PRIDE twice . . . without a doubt my favorite class of ship. The reproductions of the artwork were phenomenal. I've found the food and service to be exceptional also. :)

Too dark ? . . . I never noticed. :D

7_2_211.gif Hello Mary. Found you again, got my Amtrak tickets so all set for November. Can walk a little distance now but will still bring along the scooter. Off to do some shopping but is not nice outside, lots of smoke from the fires, will post again later. LUV & UGGS 2 U and Hal John

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZUxdm080YYUS

This may have been mentioned....or not....but one thing I absolutely LOVE about the Pride is that there are so many windows! Head down to the Promenade deck and you'll find a lot of comfortable chairs next to windows.

Also, one of my favorite spots on the ship is the Sunset Garden. It's tucked away on the Atlantic deck (port and starboard). It's peaceful and a nice place to relax. There's a small couch area as well as the chairs with tables. Here's a photo....the lighting in the photo is pretty accurate.

sunsetgarden.jpg

The Pride doesn't take off til 4pm so you should be good as long as there are no flight delays. :)

I'm glad to see the ship doesn't leave until 4pm. I know this post didn't really go with what was asked, but worked out great for me. For some reason my head wasn't screwed on when I booked my flight and I'm flying in the day of instead of the day before like I should. My flight gets in to LAX at 12:20pm and I'm using Carnival's transfers. I've got a non-stop flight, so hopefully it will get here on time and I won't have any worries. We're cruising in Sept., so shouldn't be bad weather. I'm just about to have heart failure over my stupidity thought! This will be my first time on Carnival, so looking forward to a different experience. Thanks for this thread!

I've seen somewhere that muster drill is no on the second day at 10:oo is that true?It was on the first day just after we left port:confused:

Muster drill was the first day. It finished up as we were leaving port.

Muster drill was the first day. It finished up as we were leaving port.

Thanks gumballz,I was a little confused:confused: .By the way love the photo you posted earlier,have you got anymore of the pride?:)

I've seen somewhere that muster drill is no on the second day at 10:oo is that true?It was on the first day just after we left port:confused:

Hello Muster Drill is at around 16.00 hrs just before we sail. we always find the most energetic person to take the life vests back to the cabin then on the stern with a cold drink and wave goodby to Long Beach regards John

hi all, i have a question regarding extended balcony. I am set to sail in sept and i have category 8B near front of the ship cabin. I can upgrade to 8C or 8E for $100 more and get an "extended balcony". do you think it is worth the upgrade? Another plus is I get to to have a cabin in the back of the ship which I have been told is better for not getting sea sick.

One last question, i booked my cruise through travelocity and i am set to sail in 63 days. If i were to cancel , what is the penalty amount? On carnival website, it says deposit amount but I paid in full already? thank you in advance.

Hello Mary. Found you again, got my Amtrak tickets so all set for November. Can walk a little distance now but will still bring along the scooter. Off to do some shopping but is not nice outside, lots of smoke from the fires, will post again later. LUV & UGGS 2 U and Hal John

Lots of love and hugs to you too John. We aren't on the Pride cruise with you and Jackie (altho we would love to be). I saw the thread and was doing some research, so decided to post some of the information that I had found for the Pride. We love the Spirit and with this being the sister ship, I know it will be awesome.

Glad you got your Amtrak tickets all taken care of. The train is such fun. We really enjoy all the scenery from the train. Have taken the train from Los Angeles to Seattle roundtrip 3 or 4 times. What a great adventure.

Stay safe. Hope the fires are in control very soon.

Mary

I'm glad to see the ship doesn't leave until 4pm. I know this post didn't really go with what was asked, but worked out great for me. For some reason my head wasn't screwed on when I booked my flight and I'm flying in the day of instead of the day before like I should. My flight gets in to LAX at 12:20pm and I'm using Carnival's transfers. I've got a non-stop flight, so hopefully it will get here on time and I won't have any worries. We're cruising in Sept., so shouldn't be bad weather. I'm just about to have heart failure over my stupidity thought! This will be my first time on Carnival, so looking forward to a different experience. Thanks for this thread!

When are you going in September? We're on the 28th.

Archived