Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Sorry if this has already been answered...

On the Pride, does the water slide go into a pool or do you just end up at the bottom of the slide?

From a picture I saw, it didn't look like you dropped into a pool....

Anyone know?

Sorry if this has already been answered...

On the Pride, does the water slide go into a pool or do you just end up at the bottom of the slide?

From a picture I saw, it didn't look like you dropped into a pool....

Anyone know?

You end up at the bottom of the slide.

Does anyone know if the Pride has Carnival's Club O2 teen club on it? I will be sailing with a 15 year old over Halloween, 2008 and he would really like to hang out with his own age group. If they do not have a Club O2, does Carnival have teen only events/hang out on the Pride?

All the ships have Club O2 activities, but I'm not sure if the Pride has a separate area for Club O2. Regardless, they will definitely have activities for the teens.

Thank you to the OP who started this thread!

We are finally in a double digit countdown and can't wait!!! We have cabin 5236 on Upper deck on the Pride for our next cruise. I know it is a partially obstructed cabin, but there is a "blank" area on one side of the cabin. Does anyone know what that area is? Storage room? Laundry room? Just wondering about the noise factor.

A second question ....is there any good shopping on board? I love jewelry (real and costume) and also purses. DH likes watches and duty free alcohol deals! Anything you remember that I should keep an eye out for??

Thanks for your input!:)

We are going on the Pride on 10/12/2008. Has anyone had a cabin on the Main deck. We booked 5 cabins over a year ago and recently I have read alot about the noise when you do not have cabins above and below you. We are in cabin 4166. Thanks for this thread and all the cool info.

Hey guys I am going on Pride 9/7 and I was wondering what is Sunset Garden?

Sunset Garden is an area that runs along the front of the ship on deck 3. It's set up with tables and chairs for 2 or 3. It is a quiet are to sit, chat, read etc. It's indoors and very relaxing.

A second question ....is there any good shopping on board? I love jewelry (real and costume) and also purses. DH likes watches and duty free alcohol deals! Anything you remember that I should keep an eye out for??

There are a few gift shops on board that sell jewelry (both costume and real), purses, watches, liquor, perfume, etc. You will be able to find something that you like.

We are going on the Pride on 10/12/2008. Has anyone had a cabin on the Main deck. We booked 5 cabins over a year ago and recently I have read alot about the noise when you do not have cabins above and below you. We are in cabin 4166. Thanks for this thread and all the cool info.

I will try to answer your question, but here is my take. We were on the Pride three weeks ago in extended balcony room 7180. Great location - nobody on the other side of the hall etc. etc. Our room was surrounded by families with kids and I mean surrounded. Our greatest reprieve from noise between 8:00 a.m. to midnight was when the family in the room next store fell ill and didn't leave their cabin for 4 days. Sad for them but good for us.

After several cruises I have come to the conclusion that noise is a luck of the draw thing. Given the time of your sailing, you may have some kids on fall break but other than that the crowd should be pretty mild mannered and hopefully, quiet. Don't worry about it and have fun.

has anyone booked with Randi's Happy horses with smaller kids (6&3) and if so, can I ride along with my 3yr old?? I am not too heavy, the two of us together will weigh about 160-165lbs, so less than my hubby.

We are on the Pride in early Dec and will probably go to the Krystal in PV, personal tour in Cabo ( I know someone there who will pick us up, give us a tour and drop us at a beach for some play...) but what can we do in Maz that is YOUNG kid friendly and relaxing and FUN FUN FUN:D ??

Any help would be great....maybe we should just get off for an hour or two, tour the city (ie SHOP:p ) (we have been there, so no need to see much!) and spend the rest of the day on the ship.

Thanks for any insight!

We are finally in a double digit countdown and can't wait!!! We have cabin 5236 on Upper deck on the Pride for our next cruise. I know it is a partially obstructed cabin, but there is a "blank" area on one side of the cabin. Does anyone know what that area is? Storage room? Laundry room? Just wondering about the noise factor.

Hey caliseas,what a small world.My DB and SIL will be in 5237 when we go.Like most cruises I've been on there will be all kind of promotions about booze. buy two get the third free sort of thiing.Can't speak about jewlery,but they have all kinds of promotions on clothes( t-shirts etc)..good shopping ops..

Don't forget to leave a review..

has anyone booked with Randi's Happy horses with smaller kids (6&3) and if so, can I ride along with my 3yr old?? I am not too heavy, the two of us together will weigh about 160-165lbs, so less than my hubby.

We are on the Pride in early Dec and will probably go to the Krystal in PV, personal tour in Cabo ( I know someone there who will pick us up, give us a tour and drop us at a beach for some play...) but what can we do in Maz that is YOUNG kid friendly and relaxing and FUN FUN FUN:D ??

Any help would be great....maybe we should just get off for an hour or two, tour the city (ie SHOP:p ) (we have been there, so no need to see much!) and spend the rest of the day on the ship.

Thanks for any insight!

Hi Batch 007 nice to see you on this thread.We booked randi's happy horses for our cruise and are really looking forward to it. I haven't really decided about PV or Cabo yet.

Hi Batch 007 nice to see you on this thread.We booked randi's happy horses for our cruise and are really looking forward to it. I haven't really decided about PV or Cabo yet.

how did you book it? online or via email?:confused:

thx - and yes, I have been through this whole thread, written down all important info in relation to the Pride and ports, I have a huge list of MUST HAVES on a cruise - can you say obsessively anal - LOL, I just find when travelling with kids best to be prepared and then expect it all to turn out differently than planned!!LOL:D

how did you book it? online or via email?:confused:

thx - and yes, I have been through this whole thread, written down all important info in relation to the Pride and ports, I have a huge list of MUST HAVES on a cruise - can you say obsessively anal - LOL, I just find when travelling with kids best to be prepared and then expect it all to turn out differently than planned!!LOL:D

I could not agree more. I am soooo obsessed with being organized( I am my father's daughter).:D

I booked on line.Google randis happy horses and there will be her contact info.I have been in contact with her off and on since booking I feel very at ease about booking with her. There is even a place for hair braiding and lunch. I can't wait to go it just seems so far off. I tried to fill out our funpass yesterday but I have to upgrade after 16 Sept when DS turns 18 and has his own credit card( with a low line of credit I might add),so he can charge whatever he gets on board.And I also need to update my past guest info as it is not taking it right now.

110 days and counting!!!!!

I could not agree more. I am soooo obsessed with being organized( I am my father's daughter).:D

I booked on line.Google randis happy horses and there will be her contact info.I have been in contact with her off and on since booking I feel very at ease about booking with her. There is even a place for hair braiding and lunch. I can't wait to go it just seems so far off. I tried to fill out our funpass yesterday but I have to upgrade after 16 Sept when DS turns 18 and has his own credit card( with a low line of credit I might add),so he can charge whatever he gets on board.And I also need to update my past guest info as it is not taking it right now.

110 days and counting!!!!!

Randi is the absolute best . . . the deserted beach is awesome . . . the horses fantastic . . .the "sand" restaurant right on the beach is Victor's and Randi buys the first drink ! :D Have a great cruise, say "Hi" to Randi. :)

315459044_desertedbeachofStoneIsland.jpg.93cf3877d865cfc49a3b5a575f0ac8bc.jpg

548704560_VictorsRestaurant-StoneIsland.jpg.2c99fec86959ef4b01ebc0b8bd7ab628.jpg

1274398274_VictorsRestaurantrightonthebeach-StoneIsland.jpg.1a522058c8f9cc699e2d5abf976d89eb.jpg

1863669212_BrettandDadonStoneIsland.jpg.b7ef7f6ed8981736b77ab47f9b1b209e.jpg

Glrounds great pics.I can see my goofy teenage and pre teen boys having difficulty with the nudity:o ...Oh the jokes will be bad!!!!!

With the exception of us "cowboys" :rolleyes: the beach was deserted. No nude sunbathers. Lots of families had small children on these horses. My son, being a native California boy had never been around horses much before. He caught right on. Very gentle animals. The beach is on Stone Island (across the channel from where the ship is moored). Absolutely beautiful and the garlic barbequed shrimp at Victors is to die for. Randi's a hoot ! ! :D

Has The Pride Been in dry dock lately?And how much is parking in long beach?

Don't know about the drydock, sorry.

It was over 2 year ago and my son and I paid $12 per day. Be careful if you come real "early" that you disembark the ship "early" because if you arrive real early and stay too long on the ship you may run into the "8th" day to far and you'll be charged for it ! :eek:

Incidentally, this is the same situation in San Diego on the SPIRIT if you park across the street from the pier. :(

Don't know about the drydock, sorry.

It was over 2 year ago and my son and I paid $12 per day. Be careful if you come real "early" that you disembark the ship "early" because if you arrive real early and stay too long on the ship you may run into the "8th" day to far and you'll be charged for it ! :eek:

Incidentally, this is the same situation in San Diego on the SPIRIT if you park across the street from the pier. :(

Thats how much we paid last time we went.Was just seeing if it went up.Its good to know about the 8th day.Thanks

I have a few questions.

1. The Pride has 2 formal nights. Which nights are they?
  2. What day is the wine tasting in David's Supper Club?
  3. What time is the Wine tasting?
  4. What is the cost of the wine tasting?

Archived