St Johns & St Thomas

ldtwa

My wife and I will be on St Thomas Feb 21st aboard the Caribbean Princess ( 7-6). We are thinking of going to St Johns on our own. I have read most of the postings regarding going to St Johns on your own, but have a few questions.

1. Where does the Caribbean Princess dock?

2. Departure time

Since the ship departs at 6:00 I would assume that we should be back at the port by 5:00 and on board by 5:30.

3. Shopping

We would allow time for shopping in CA ( any place better?) if we get there by 2:30 and shop unit 4:30 that would allow an 1 hour travel time back to the ship. Is that enought time?

4. Black Beard's

What is envolved in seeing Back Beard's?

lturner

1. Princess ships dock at Crown Bay dock.

2. Usually you have to be back at the ship around 30 minutes prior to departure.

3. Charlotte Amalie has lots of shopping. Charlotte Amalie is about 1.7 miles from Crown Bay, short drive if there is no traffic. There will be some traffic because of other passengers heading back to the ship, as well as regular traffic from residents.

4. Blackbeards; you pay an admission fee for either self guided or guided (if available). There is the watch tower and a few historic homes. Visit their website for more information: http://www.blackbeardscastle.com.

--Islander

Archived