Need input from Past NCL Pearl Cruisers

cjm61

lovesublime,

Did you feel alot of motion in your cabin? I'm considering booking a mini suite, but the only ones that are availabe, are all the way forward on deck 11. My DD and I got a little seasick the first couple of days on are 1st cruise and we were on deck 7 in the middle of the ship. Once we got our sea legs it was fine. Just a little concerned. I asked this question previously, and someone said that they didn't feel any motion hardly at all. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

There was only one night that we really felt the motion. It was after midnight and I really thought I was going to roll out of bed-the ship was rocking side to side. I'm not prone to seasickness, but if I ever was it was going to be that night. Fortunately I went to sleep and there wasn't a problem. Other than that one night, we never really felt any movement. I think you'll be fine. I wouldn't let it stop me from booking a forward minisuite. Plus, the forward section on deck 11 is pretty quiet and away from any activities or crowds. Have fun!

I am contemplating booking a cruise on the Pearl. I have not truly sailed on NCL since the days of the MS Sunward II. I did do a brief cruise on the Dawn when she was new, but I was not impressed. I am taking my sister who is really a laid back, jeans and snickers type of girl. She's a great travel companion when I need a destressing vacation. Freestyle seems to fit her personality, and I myself would like to give NCL another try. I am a hardcore Carnival, RCCL and Princess cruiser, so please, give me some input here about the Pearl. I really do want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly so I can make an educated decision without booking blindly. Thanks to anyone who posts a helpful reply.

I have sailed on Carnival twice, and the NCL Star in December of 2006. I liked the variety of restaurants and food choices with the Freestyle, that I booked the Pearl for this August to Alaska. I would recommend booking your restaurants as soon as you board, if you can. I have heard they only let you do it 48 hrs. prior. They used to offer a half price discount at the specialty restaurants if you dined between 5:30-6:30pm. I liked the laid back feeling of the restaurants and not like the other ships with the set dining when you felt like you had to hurry to get to the shows. The waiters always seemed hurried and stressed to get the passengers out before the shows started. Now, sometimes I did find that the waiters were a little too laid back, or slow, but I think that was to make the passengers feel more relaxed and to enjoy their experience. When I wanted to get to the shows, I just told the waitress my request and she sped things up.

Archived