Off the Spirit today?

aeggp

Hi Everyone,

We want to know how was your cruise?

Give us all the details?

I passed over the GNO bridge today and saw the ship gearing up to leave, it looked great!

• We leave in a week and need all your advice?

Hi Everyone,

We want to know how was your cruise?

Give us all the details?

I passed over the GNO bridge today and saw the ship gearing up to leave, it looked great!

• We leave in a week and need all your advice?

Can you PLEASE find out anything regarding the repairs needed to the engine.

Could you PLEASE inquire when are they going to fix it and will it be fixed for the repo or really when .... anything you can get will be grateful.

Thanks

Have a great trip!

Family of 4:

I will ask all of those questions while on board and I'll post it just as soon as we return.

Our Travel Agent said that the ship was to go into Dry Dock in the spring to have it's engine repaired. I'm not sure if that is true. However, that doesn't seem to add up to the fact, that the ship is booked throughout that time period.

I hope this will not pose a problem with your sailing!:eek:

NCL notified us of the engine problem by mail the second week of Jan. This was rather short notice IMO.:mad:

They were aware of the situation for several weeks at that point.

I'll let you know what I can find out!

There is another thread about the 1/20 sailing. I posted there and will put a longer review up when I have a bit of time. We had a wonderful time. The food was fine, service was outstanding and the ship was lovely. Yes, it's not brand new, but the constant wear and tear by thousands of people every week is bound to show a little bit around the edges. We had a wonderful time. NO mention of the engines, though I must say the Engineering Officer did look terribly tired.

Family of 4:

I will ask all of those questions while on board and I'll post it just as soon as we return.

Our Travel Agent said that the ship was to go into Dry Dock in the spring to have it's engine repaired. I'm not sure if that is true. However, that doesn't seem to add up to the fact, that the ship is booked throughout that time period.

I hope this will not pose a problem with your sailing!:eek:

NCL notified us of the engine problem by mail the second week of Jan. This was rather short notice IMO.:mad:

They were aware of the situation for several weeks at that point.

I'll let you know what I can find out!

Thank you I appreciate it.

Have a great trip.

I do not feel good about our sailing honestly.:confused: :mad:

Please ask how they think the engines running the way they are could make it from NY to the Caribbean, when it can not get to Roatan- nicely of course!:)

I think they will have to cancel a sailing which one I do not know - but unfortunately it looks like it will be the first 2 out of NYC- The one prior to mine and my sailing. Unfortunately for NCL our sailing is a school break the probably one of the most expensive sailings on the Spirit for the season. Unfortunately for us the ONLY thing we can do is pay over $500 for airfare to get on another sailing out of FL. That week there arent too many options. Many ships are doing repos, and there are a limited # of ship sailing the Caribbean. Also NCL will not tell our sailing ANY news until after final payment ( and maybe 2 weeks there after) because when they reimburse, they ONLY want to reimburse and compensate those that actually paid FINAL and not left just a deposit. Such a bad and sticky situation. I wish i could go with my gut ( and look for something else), but I want this to work out.

Archived