Knock off designer handbags

cruisin_fanatic

Until a few weeks ago you could have come to Swampland, VA, and bought them wholesale: but all at once the police showed up, seized ALL the merchandise, and arrested ALL the vendors. So it is just possible that possession of property that is in violation of copyright and/or patent law is illegal in the United States.

U.S. Customs, Wildlife, Heimat Sekuritat and ****onale Polizei (or whatever that organization is now calling itself under the present regime) will help you determine whether your personal purchase is legal when you return to the United States--if it is not, they will confiscate it for you, and may levy a fine or cause you to be imprisoned if you stage a real coup, I suppose . . . .

Best wishes! Of course you might be Canadians, I suppose, and have no security to comfort you as ours does us . . . . :rolleyes:

i didn't go shopping there, but there were shops in the buidling at the port. we walked through it to get to our tour bus and coming back, to get to the ship. i like shopping for more local stuff, hated to see all that knock-off stuff.

I have entered America numerous times with numerous knockoffs in my carry on from Asia and such. I have NEVER had a problem. If you buy a really good knockoff it is very hard for them to tell the difference. I live in NYC at the moment and you can go to chinatown where they openly sell them and the police just ignore it! My mom buys some knockoffs in grand caymans

There is a mall type area near the dock where you can find numerous shops of knock-off purses. I didn't have time to really check them but from previous experience I did not find them cheap. I buy them in Houston for a lot cheaper.

As a retailer of luxury goods, just know that your purchasing of counterfeit merchandise supports organized crime, and recently has been shown to support terror groups. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but counterfeiting is a felony, and in many states the purchaser of fake merchandise is treated the same as a "John" with a prostitute.

• 4 weeks later...
driftwood-If I recall the requester wanted helpful info-not your opinion.

cruisin fanatic-I go to Belize and Grand Caymans in early April and will check both places if I get a chance and let you know.

driftwood was merely offering some helpful advice and warning as he is so eloquent at providing to the boards.... no need to be so nasty !

Just answering the OP's question here.....As you get off the tenders in Belize you will see a lot of knock-off handbags in a lot of the stores there!!! Also...what I thought was odd was that when we got back to New Orleans we did the Express Disembarkation offered with Norwegian (that's where you take off your own luggage) and when we went through customs THEY DID NOT CHECK ANYONE'S LUGGAGE:confused: . I mean all they were doing was checking your passport and that's it....you could leave. No X-Ray machines, dogs or anything!! So, who-ever had knock-off handbags.....or what-ever...they didn't get checked!!

Just answering the OP's question here.....As you get off the tenders in Belize you will see a lot of knock-off handbags in a lot of the stores there!!! Also...what I thought was odd was that when we got back to New Orleans we did the Express Disembarkation offered with Norwegian (that's where you take off your own luggage) and when we went through customs THEY DID NOT CHECK ANYONE'S LUGGAGE:confused: . I mean all they were doing was checking your passport and that's it....you could leave. No X-Ray machines, dogs or anything!! So, who-ever had knock-off handbags.....or what-ever...they didn't get checked!!

I have never had my bags checked when going thru customs regardless of self debarkation or regular. That is not to say that you can at anytime get randomly selected for luggage inspection if warranted though !

Travel Angel, would you please write me off board about your AC condo. I have several friends who are looking for a rental.

pssunshinegal at aol dot com.

Condo is under construction in "Reef Village" on AC... will not be ready until late fall or winter but their website does offer a reservations link where you check rates and availability.

http://www.reefvillagebelize.com/index.php

Sorry it did not meet your needs..... we loved the location as not directly on the ocean and far enough from the downtown area (just across bridge), but a beautiful view of the lagoon at sunset. The property is growing and each year has gotten better.

Thanks Gloria, this is what I was looking for...thanks for your reply. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived