Teen drinks pass

calenita

SportsLady ~ Yes, your daughter can get the virgin drinks w/ her teen passport and give it to you, my teens had a couple left on the last night so we all had a drink from the java cafe. Much better than the regular coffee served on board! :D

• 4 months later...
SportsLady ~ Yes, your daughter can get the virgin drinks w/ her teen passport and give it to you, my teens had a couple left on the last night so we all had a drink from the java cafe. Much better than the regular coffee served on board! :D

This is great news--my teens are hooked on coffee drinks. DCAM--what ship were you on? Hopefully the policy is the same on every ship.

Looks like the teen passport is a done deal, and a anniversary package for me:D

We too have kids who don't drink soda. We tried to purchase the teen passport ahead of time, but NCL rep wouldn't/couldn't allow it due to kids' age wrongly told us that the only place a kid could use the coupons was in the teen club, which they were too young to enter. However, we were able to buy the teen passport at a table in front of the main DR of GEM on first day. Good deal - kids got smoothies twice a day. Had no trouble using them until last morning, when there was no place willing to make a smoothy, so couldn't use last few coupons. Smoothies were decent sized. Forget about the teen party - it's just part of the kids club program, from what I could tell, and age limits are written in stone for kids club participation. Your 12 yo should be having so much fun in her age group club that she won't care about missing the teen party.

I bought one for my daughter when she was 12 but I've never understood why it matters if they're technically teens. Hopefully you can get one for your son because it's a good deal. :)

Did you purchase this on board? I've been planning to get a book for our daughter, who will be 10 on our next cruise, so I wrote and asked about getting it as a bon voyage purchase. It says on the website that it is for ages 13 - 17, so I explained that she doesn't drink soda or US style iced tea but she did enjoy the smoothies on our last cruise. I was told that the system would not allow the book to be booked because of the age thing. I believe the reason there is an age attached to it is that the book also allows them access to a couple of teen parties. I actually noted in my email that we knew that she would not be attending the parties, but from the explanation I received, the advance booking is tied to reservations, which clearly state the passenger's age.

When we were on the Dream, I purchased a kid's backpack for our daughter, which included a soda card. The backpack was a great souvenir (along with the stuff in it) but the card was completely wasted (since my husband and I don't drink the sodas they have available either!). I do remember having a conversation with them in the Kid's Crew about the smoothie book, though, and I decided against it because I just didn't know enough at the time.

So... back to my original question... did you purchase this book once you got on board? I'll feel a lot better knowing that we'll still be able to take advantage of it even if we can't book it ahead. :)

Edit: Never mind. Just saw the post above mine!! Thanks drbabe!!

We are traveling with our two daughters and their 2 friends on a 5-day cruise on the Pearl. Three of the girls are teens, but our youngest is only 12. We would like to buy the passports for all of them, but doesn't it also include entry into a private teen party? We weren't sure if they would allow our 12 year old to attend since she isn't technically a teen yet (and the website says the passport is for 13-17 year olds). Has anyone purchased one of these passports for a 12 year old and had any problem using it for anything other than the drinks? Then again, it may be worth it for the drinks alone since my girls also love the virgin smoothies.

We just got off the Pearl. I bought one booklet for my two sons, ages 16 and 18. There was no teen party. I asked when I purchased the book and he had no clue what I was talking about. They were not able to use all the coupons, even between the two of them. They also ran into some service issues. Because there is no automatic gratuity added for the individual drinks (it is just added to the whole booklet when you buy it), the waiters in the theater would not get the drinks for them. They also could not use them at the soda station at the buffet on one occasion. Earlier in the week, it was allowed (?) The bartender at Spinnaker Lounge was grumpy about it too, but he was grumpy about everything. They loved the smoothies, but just so you know, they aren't made with real fruit. It's a syrupy mix that they use.

HI

I am from the UK and booked my cruise through a Travel Agent and was told, as per the UK edition of the NCL brochure, that both of my girls - aged 15 and 9 will receive either a free soda cup which can be filled free-of-charge throughout the cruise, or a Teen Passport with 20 coupons for free drinks.

I assume this is a UK thing only - all the brochure states is that it has to part of a whole cruise package and not cruise only.

The teen passport sounds like a sound investment for me. My DD discovered virgin drinks a couple years ago and I was estimating they are likely to cost $4/ea on board so I was going to set a limit. If I can get a teen passport, she won't have to deal with a limit and I can leverage the concept of my generous gesture to escape some other expense she's going to try and back me into. (Parenting is all about negotiations.)

i wanted to purchase a teen drink book and a kids backpack for my kids on the Sun, and the guy at the table set up for such things had NO clue what i was talking about :( so we bought neither

We pre-ordered 2 of the teen packages for our Pride of America trip in May. We weren't on the ship enough to use them all up and I ended up with almost a full book left. If you pre-order, you will get a card in your stateroom to turn in for the book. I spent the first day running back and forth to the kids place looking for someone to exchange. It turns out I had to go to one of the bars to exchange the pass for the real book.

We used them for sodas, milkshakes at the Cadillac Diner, and virgin drinks/smoothies from the bars. They worked great. Since we were able to carry on sodas, we didn't need them as much for them and we used ours for the more "expensive" items.

The kids ran off with their coupons and came back with drinks - no problems at all. Mine were 13 & 17, but my 13 year old looks much younger and he had no trouble getting his drinks.

You can pre-order one.

We waited until we boarded, but there were no tables out to buy them . We found out where to buy them word of mouth. Some got them when the teens registered for their club and then somewhere else. The bars wouldn't do it.

DS-17 loved it and only used it for smoothies. Evidently the teen club has times when there are cans of pop available. Not sure when, where, why on that.

When I asked if he attended the party, he really didn't know about a party and he was in the teen area alot!!!

In regards to a 12 yr old going to the teen party, probably no since they have to be registered in the club as a teen.

I would imagine anyone could buy the booklet, but I don't know if they are picky about who goes to get it. ie, would they say no to someone who is obviously NOT a teen.......

DH got a soda card and used it to get a few ginger ales for me on the last sea day because I was motion sick. I rarely drink pop. Please no flames for "borrowing", I spent PLENTY on drinks through out the week!!!

Glad I found this post. We usually travel to all inclusive resorts where my sons drinks banana daquiris all day long (n/a of course) and he was sort of bummed that we wouldn't be able to do that on the ship. Of course this would be a great way to allow him the freedom of one whenever he wanted it. I wonder if they have 1/2 books on shorter cruises. :) Anyone been on a 3 day and bought the teen drink passes?

Archived