best lightweight stroller

Maddycakes

Hi Guy's,

I am prepareing for my much anticipated cruise with my family in May:D And I have a question. I know I can not take my "normal" stroller with us (It is probably bigger than the suit cases:p ). And I HATE my umbrella stroller that I have. It was free so we keep it around in case we are in a pinch.

I have done some researching and thinking regarding purchaseing a lightweight stroller. Here are some of my thought's:

We are Floridian's and go to Disney as well as the local zoo a great deal, so we would get more use than just the 7 day cruise. (so we are willing to pay for quality)

On the other hand, I am a teacher so there is just so much "quality" I can afford:o

My husband and I are VERY tall so the stoller would have to be as well.

I also do not think we could live without the basket (underneth the stroller to hold my DD stuff).

I have been reading the boards and because of that I have looked into the Maclaren brand. This has led to two questions as well:

1. other than price what is the difference between the triumph and quest?

2. I noticed if I buy a 2006 vs. 2007 model I can save money. Does anyone know if there is any differences here?

Additionally, If you have any suggestions on other strollers or just a great place to get a deal I would appreciate any other info.:)

We have a Maclaren quest. We love it. After many trips and bumps, it still drives smooth. The main differences between the triumph and quest is recline and seat extension. The triumph reclines partially (maybe 30 degrees for upright position) and the quest has almost a complete horizontal recline. The seat on the quest can be extended a few inches so in young infants, this means a flat surface to sleep instead of their legs hanging over the side. The recline mechanism is different but I would think the amount of recline is your deciding factor.

In terms of 2006 vs 2007, the only difference in fabric pattern and price.

We also have an nglesina Swift because I was a sucker for the pattern, but there is a significant difference is the ease of drive. The Maclaren is just a more solid drive at the same or similar weight (our Maclaren is 2 years older than our Inglesina). Inglesina swift handle is taller which may be nice for tall people (I am not very tall at 5'3").

Good Luck Shopping!

Connie

We have a Maclaren quest. We love it. After many trips and bumps, it still drives smooth. The main differences between the triumph and quest is recline and seat extension. The triumph reclines partially (maybe 30 degrees for upright position) and the quest has almost a complete horizontal recline. The seat on the quest can be extended a few inches so in young infants, this means a flat surface to sleep instead of their legs hanging over the side. The recline mechanism is different but I would think the amount of recline you need is your deciding factor.

In terms of 2006 vs 2007, the only difference in fabric pattern and price.

We also have an Inglesina Swift because I was a sucker for the pattern, but there is a significant difference is the ease of drive. The Maclaren is just a more solid drive at the same or similar weight (our Maclaren is 2 years older than our Inglesina). Inglesina swift handle is taller which may be nice for tall people (I am not very tall at 5'3"). The Inglesina Swift has recline like the quest at the price of the triumph. Which would I buy again, definitely the Maclaren.

Good Luck Shopping!

Connie

Archived