Equivalent to CC for AIs?

GORDONCHICK

Tripadvisor has updated a lot on their website. Their FORUMS have a ton of posters lately. Your friend can post his/her questions on the destination threads they want to know about. Ask away!! We're doing a Mexico trip in April and I have received more practical info than I could imagine. DOn't use tripadvisor just for hotel reviews...altho those are great too.

The only thing about Trip Advisor is that anyone can submit a review. Having said that, the problem they are having right now is that hotel owners/employees are logging onto Trip Advisor under an alias and giving themselves fantastic reviews to counter some of the really negative reviews. So, read all the reviews carefully and with a grain of salt. Most real reviewers won't totally make a place 5 stars all the way around. When reading a negative review, make sure it is valid and not just someone who got angry on their vacation.

Just my thoughts... ;)

The only thing about Trip Advisor is that anyone can submit a review. Having said that, the problem they are having right now is that hotel owners/employees are logging onto Trip Advisor under an alias and giving themselves fantastic reviews to counter some of the really negative reviews. So, read all the reviews carefully and with a grain of salt. Most real reviewers won't totally make a place 5 stars all the way around. When reading a negative review, make sure it is valid and not just someone who got angry on their vacation.

Just my thoughts... ;)

No, I'm not talking about the hotel review section. What they have is the FORUMS section. There you will find questions and answers from regular people like CC. I've been using the forums for a planned trip to Turks and Caicos and have received tons of recs and info that will come in handy. I think it's what the OP really was looking for.

Archived