Is anyone else having trouble with Carnival getting their AIR ?

Vecc

When I booked with Carnival I told them I wanted to leave from ISP (Islip Airport, Long Island, NY). They told me no problem, cost $1229.80 for my wife and I for the air. 2 days later I get a call from Carnival saying there were no flights out of Islip. I have to go to JFK same price $1229.80. OK, I say who pays for my transportation to JFK from Suffolk County, Long Island, NY? Carnival tells me I do. OK, I call Guest Relations speak to Tony which is a joke. Why even have a dept. called Guest Relations if they don't help you. OK, then I call CEO Gerry Cahill office at 305-599-2600, speak to his assistant Suzanna who has Mark Curler, Asst. to the President at 800-819-3902 Ext. 87642 (President who I ask, he tells me just the President) call me telling me that I can either cancel my whole cruise and vacation or pay the $1229.60 and I have to get to JFK on my own. He has me by the balls so I say yes. He tells me that the Air & Sea Dept. will call me Friday, the next day with all my air information. No one calls me until 6PM when Mark Curler's asst. tells me that the Air & Sea have not finished with my air information. I will have to wait until Monday. Let's see what they come up with now. The worst ordeal I have had in 30 years + traveling and dealing with a cruise line before getting on the ship.

I never use the cruiseline's air/sea packages, it's a total rip-off, and they can get away with doing crap like this to you because they know they have you by the short-hairs.

I realize that it's too late now for this sailing, but lesson learned for next time..

I used air/sea with NCL, no problems. That was Easter week.

Carnival finally got back to me today with a charter with "Miami Air".

Has anyone ever used or heard of Miami Air?

Carnival was suppose to get me air from Islip, Long Island, NY just 1.5 miles from my home. Instead they have given me this JFK charter. Is it me or should they have supplied my cost to JFK? At least credit my account my $200.00 cost. They are giving me $90.00 which I had to fight for.

Archived