Tell me about Reggae Beach

cruznluvr

Hi there! My DH & I went to Reggae Beach last February/March. It is a beautiful beach - picture postcard beautiful. It was not crowded - only a handful of people occupied the beach area - most of them locals. There is a "primitive" restroom (I didn't use it, but my husband did) and a bar area where you can purchase food (my husband ordered a beer, that's it). There were quite a few stray dogs that wandered the property, but they stayed off the beach and were up in the tree area. I have to admit that I felt uncomfortable initially - it was so quiet! After being around so many people all week (all the beaches we went to were packed with cruisers), it felt odd. However, after adjusting to this new found solitude, we enjoyed our stay. We were there for about an hour - 1.5 hours. Feel free to ask any more questions. :)

Hi Michele! Thanks so much for your wonderful information. I think we also would enjoy our time there. Did you go there with Marva? I've heard many good things about her & will most likely be booking with her for our excursion.

Also, noticed you are in WV! My husband & I lived in Parkersburg for a year & my mom is from Rock Cave (near Buckhannon). I love Florida; but I do miss seeing those beautiful mountains!:)

Hello! Yes, we toured with Marva - I can't say enough positive things about her! (Click on my review in my signature to learn more about my experience - it's a Mariner review, but we've included some of our tour info. as well.) I can't stress enough that Marva is more than a guide... she e-mailed me several times before our tour, she called to see if I had any questions about our upcoming tour and she's kept in touch since our tour! (She's called me at least 2 or 3 times since our tour just to say hello and to check in on us.) She's the real deal and quite genuine. We HIGHLY recommend her!

Yes, we live in WV... near Charleston. We love the mountains to and try to remember how lovely our spring, summer and fall are, but the cold is making me want to move south. I'm originally from NY - WV definitely beats the lake effect snow I experienced in my youth so I shouldn't complain too much. ;)

Feel free to ask questions as you think of them. I'll answer what I know from my own experience. Take care!

Archived