Freedom 1-19/1-26

islahopper

Just back from the cruise, had a great time as always. The ship was great, very clean and the decor was nice. I liked the different styles in the different rooms. The big screen on deck was also great, it was like being at the drive in. Food on the ship was very good, we did not eat in the dining room as we were doing our on thing. The lido food selection was more than enough for us. I enjoyed the grill, the make your own soup station, the fish+chips, the sushi, the indiain food, the stir fry and I even enjoyed the pizza this time. We ate one night in the Sun King Supper Club, the food was good but I thought the service was not up to par with other CCL ships. We did not go to the shows because if you've seen one song and dance show you've seen them all. CCL needs to bring the entertainment into the 2000's. A couple of things I didn't like was the music at the aft pool (boring), and the fact they pushed the events that you had to pay for and rushed through the free events. Also enforce the no saving chairs rule. By 8am on sea days all the chairs were saved. I did move other people stuff from chairs for us, I also used chair hogs towels and sun tan lotion, I did remove stuff from over 20 chairs so others could use them. There were 450 kids on the ship, but you wouldn't know it, as they were very good acting. John held was great, very quick witted and kind. Did not get off in the ports and it was nice to have the ship almost to ourselves. All in all a very relaxing and nice cruise. If you have any questions I will be more than glad to answer them. Thank-you and have a great day.

I forgot to mention the crew, they were all very friendly and always spoke to us when we walked by, the only one who didn't was the captain which I found odd. Our cabin steward (James) did a great job, he kept the cabin clean, filled my small cooler with ice every day, brought DW a ashtray, took care of our damaged luggage, chilled our wine and champange and brought us extra glasses. It took him a couple of days to get use to me throwing my clothes away( I bring stuff I haven't worn in the past year, wear it then throw it away, even underwear,socks and shoes), once he realized he found it very funny. Thank-you again.

I was on the cruise with you as well. I completely agree about the chair hog thing, however I was not as brave as you were to take the things off the chairs. I waited for over an hour at one side of the pool watching to see if people left but did not see a soul take their towel and things with them. John Heald was great and so were the crew and staff. I was stuck in my cabin on Sunday however with the rough seas but not their fault :) Glad you had a good cruise!

Western, Cozmel, Grand Cayman and Jam. Did no tours on this cruise as I have been to this ports so many times. Only got off in Cozmel, had a mojito at the Blue Bar(?) in the froum. Then went and saw Mama for great lunch with the locals, then some shopping for DW while I visited with a friend at his bar (4 shots of tequila for $5.00). Had to buy a suitcase and he set us to the supermarket that had a great selection and great prices. If you're going on the Western I recomend String Ray City and Dunns river Falls.

I forgot to mention the crew, they were all very friendly and always spoke to us when we walked by, the only one who didn't was the captain which I found odd. Our cabin steward (James) did a great job, he kept the cabin clean, filled my small cooler with ice every day, brought DW a ashtray, took care of our damaged luggage, chilled our wine and champange and brought us extra glasses. It took him a couple of days to get use to me throwing my clothes away( I bring stuff I haven't worn in the past year, wear it then throw it away, even underwear,socks and shoes), once he realized he found it very funny. Thank-you again.

I do the same with old clothes - too funny. Sure helps with laundry when you come back.

Glad to see you liked the food. Tell me about this "Make your own Soup" station. Never heard of it.

The soup station was in the center of the buffet line. They put out a pot of broth (chicken, beef, cream of something) and you could add different veggies, meat and crutons. I have not seen this on any other ship. This was also the first time I noticed hand sanitzer(sp ?) atthe front of all beffet lines and outside the dining rooms.

The soup station was in the center of the buffet line. They set out a pot of broth (chicken, beef and some kind of cream) to which you could add different veggies, meat and crutons. They also had hand sanitzers at the fromt of each buffet lines and in front of the resterrants.

Archived