ncl --eatting with 2 year old

bill turcotte

We are going on NCL jewel . Is it hard on the children at dinner . Did the free style dining work well . can we sit down order our food all at once and be done with in an hour . Should we just stick to the buffet?

Last year we went on Celebrity Cruise it had a main dinning room . We could not eat thier because our twins were to hard on the tables next to us . I did not want to ruin the other tables time with noisy children sitting next to them night after night . I hoping the free style dining is less formal and more carefree ? Also we will not be sitting next to the same people ever night ?

Any hints on what worked for you with your children would be helpful ?

We are going on NCL jewel . Is it hard on the children at dinner . Did the free style dining work well . can we sit down order our food all at once and be done with in an hour . Should we just stick to the buffet?

Last year we went on Celebrity Cruise it had a main dinning room . We could not eat thier because our twins were to hard on the tables next to us . I did not want to ruin the other tables time with noisy children sitting next to them night after night . I hoping the free style dining is less formal and more carefree ? Also we will not be sitting next to the same people ever night ?

Any hints on what worked for you with your children would be helpful ?

Bill~

Feestyle dining is a great option for parents with young children. Unlike on Celebrity, where dinner can last up to 2 hours, on NCL we were in and out in under an hour each night. My kids (15 months and 4 yo) did great. There was only one meal that DH and I didn't make it to dessert! Here are some tips I learned on our last cruise:

Go to dinner early. If you get there around 5:30 the DR is still pretty empty.

Stick to the main DR's when dining with the kids. They tend to be more noisy than the smaller more intimate specialty restaurants.

We would always ask to be seated in the noisy part of the DR, by where the large parties were seated. If DD got fussy, she would be drowned out by the loud party of 20 next to us!

I'll let you know if I can think of anything else:)

Archived