Electronic Docs trickery

CruisinMermaid

Has anyone done this? Accidentally selected electronic documents instead of paper documents to be mailed? Everytime I went in to view my documents it would ask me yes or no for electronic documents. The million previous times I logged in I selected no to electronic documents. Today I accidentally selected yes to electronic documents and now I can no longer go back to change it to paper docs. Seems like they ask you over and over again if you choose paper docs until you accidentally select electronic docs. I called Carnival no more than five minutes after my mistake and when I asked if they could bypass it online and change it to paper docs their answer to me is "Nope." Their phone people are completely useless. :mad:

I consider it a trick because each time I logged in it asked me yes or no to electronic docs. Why would it continuously ask me each time if I already selected paper docs? It almost seems like they keep asking each time until you select electronic docs, which is what I did by accident. And then when I log back in they no longer give you the option to change your documents to paper. The reason why I need paper docs is because I don't have a working printer right now. It's my fault for selecting yes to electronic docs today but it's quite frustrating that the reps on the phone can't do a thing about it, especially with all the technology today.

Had you already chosen paper docs?

Yes, I had already selected paper docs. And it kept asking me each time I logged in after that to choose again. It was my fault for being careless today but I was finally able to talk to someone at Carnival who could fix it for me. It was just frustrating that I had to go through three different people who kept saying no until I got to the one who said yes. I used to work in customer service and I was never allowed to say "no." I was always told to tell the customer, "Let me see what I can do" before telling them flat out "no."

If you already chose paper it should have locked it in...but edocs are much easier anyways...Glad you got it taken care of. But I still don't think its trickery:)

You would think it would have locked it in once I chose paper docs but it didn't. It didn't lock in until I chose electronic docs by mistake. Maybe it was a glitch in their system but it happened repeatedly. Anyways, if I had a working printer this wouldn't have been a problem. And getting the docs in the mail makes the anticipation all the more exciting as we count down for our trip! :)

This happened to me with my last cruise, but I was okay with it. I just assumed at the time that the constant asking was part of Carnival's push toward edocs only. It's just a matter of time.

(And FYI, the librarian in me wants you to know that if you're ever in a scrape re: printing something important, head to your local library. They should be able to help you.)

This happened to me with my last cruise, but I was okay with it. I just assumed at the time that the constant asking was part of Carnival's push toward edocs only. It's just a matter of time.

(And FYI, the librarian in me wants you to know that if you're ever in a scrape re: printing something important, head to your local library. They should be able to help you.)

That's what it probably was. They kept asking because of the push towards electronic docs. But until paper docs are no longer an option they should just accept the first option chosen instead of asking me over and over again.

Thanks for the tip on the library. If I'm in a bind I'll know where to go :)

CruisinMermaid is right; the system will ask you to select paper or electronic every time you log into My Documents, as long as you continue to select paper. As soon as you select electronic (intentionally or otherwise), you are 'locked in' to that selection, with no further choice offered.

This is exactly why I'm VERY careful to select paper each time I access My Documents, because it really is the best of both worlds; you can access your documents electronically after final payment (even save them to your hard drive and/or print them), while still receiving hard copy documents by snail mail. Personally I prefer the luggage tags that come with the hard copy docs over the e-Docs version.

Archived