Carnival better than the rest of them?

snippycat

Having previously sailed on NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and RCC, I am thinking of giving Carnival a try, just so I can say I've cruised on ALL or most of the major cruise lines. However, I don't know which one of the sailings to pick, esp. the ships. Anyone have any suggestions? Your favorites? One better than the other? Which ones have better cabins with balconies (my must-have when cruising). Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

PS Any single guys out there cruising on Carnival anytime soon?? LOL

Hi Snippy! Welcome!

I think that everyone here has their own opinions but by asking you may see that you will lean more towards one than others from time to time...I am torn because I have reasons for loving both of the ships we were on...the Miracle was awesome, the people were great, loved the layout..but the liberty was so beautiful and elegant and as well had the big screen so there are things that I loved about both of them. We had a balcony on both and with that I can tell you there was no difference!

I am a fan of the spirit class ships as well.....actually the only class of Carnival ships that I've been on. :p Anyway, I see you are from NYC, so am I and the Miracle sails out of NY from the spring to the fall. I sailed on her this past June and she is a great ship. This way you wouldn't have to fly to the departure port. The itinerary is San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola. It's an 8 night cruise with 4 sea days. My husband and I had a great time. You really can't go wrong with the Miracle. :D

Having previously sailed on NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and RCC, I am thinking of giving Carnival a try, just so I can say I've cruised on ALL or most of the major cruise lines. However, I don't know which one of the sailings to pick, esp. the ships. Anyone have any suggestions? Your favorites? One better than the other? Which ones have better cabins with balconies (my must-have when cruising). Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

my favorite ship and IMO the pride of our fleet is the Liberty. It was rated number one megaship by Porthole Magazine Readers Choice Awards for 2007. for a Carnival ship she is very upscale.

i will be sailing on her this summer.

I have been on the miracle which is a spirit class ship as well and had a blast... The ship is layed out nicely ...the pools are nice on those ships... with a little shallow wading area almost like a beach around the pool itself...very cool i thought. I would stick to the newer larger ships for your first experience with carnival or any line for that matter... Just because if it is a larger ship.. it will usually have more amenities. So if you don't care for one aspect... say the shows....then there will be some other part of the ship that you will like... maybe its the outdoor movies or the layout of the pool area ...but with more on the ship the odds are better that you'll find something you do love....Who do you usually cruise with..? a group of friends or family ... or with just another person...Try and see which ship describes the type of things you want to do...depending on who you will be with....This is one of the best things about cruising.. looking at all the ship and itinerary options....Either way you choose you wont be dissapointed with carnival... I have been on Royal, and celebrity as well, so don't worry about trying Carnival out...You might just fall in love.....

Ps...Coming from a guy in NY during winter season... it shouldnt be hard for a single woman to find someone to cruise with....lol.....especially asking on cruiscritic...You will probably hear from every single male cruiser in the country...lol :D

I have cruised the Conquest, Liberty and Miracle. My favorite has to be the Liberty hands down. It is a beautiful ship. I did not like the Miracle at all, I felt it was to crowded, as it held almost the same amount of people as the Liberty and Conquest, but it is a smaller ship. The Conquest was my first cruise ever so of course I loved it.

Then I think you probably should sail one of the newer ships. The Valor, Liberty, Freedom and Splendor are the newest ships. I think that's probably the best way to evaluate and compare between the lines.

I'll be interested in what your comparisons and contrasts are. I hope you'll report back in after you return from your sailing.

ETA: I personally wouldn't sail anything older than 5 years, unless it was recently refurbished prior to your cruise. Learned THAT one the hard way on our last cruise.

Do you have any specific time of year you are wanting to sail or any specific ports in mind?

Hey, thanks for all the replies, it's been really helpful.

I'm thinking of either end of June or the first two weeks in July. Have to start planning soon..time's running out! I don't mind flying, so I like to sail out from Florida, and maybe this time spend a day or two in FL as well.

DH and I just crusied on the Legend in November and LOVED it! Not only was the ship beautiful and uncrowded, but the staff was marvelous, the food was excellent and we had an extended balcony which was great! We very much enjoyed hanging out by the Adult Pool, day and nite. During the day there was enough going on that you could have fun people watching, and at nite it was almost deserted...just a few of us and the bartender! If you wanted action you could find it, but if you wanted peace and quiet under the stars, it was there. And the ports were great, and one very different from another (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan). We loved it so much we are considering doing the same cruise next year!

Happy cruising!!!:D

Archived