Sun Beach Resort?

Dick D.

. . . is highly recommended BY ME for ANYONE LEAVING A SHIP ANYWHERE IN BELIZE FOR ANY REASON. It has 25% DEET, which has proved sufficient to discourage any living insect in Belize. A stiff breeze will sometimes blow mosquitoes away, but there are other items on the menu. Don't be one of them.

Apply this stuff very lightly to your skin, not your clothing, AFTER you have put on your sun block. Wipe, do not spray it, onto your face and ears.

Do not suppose you can play around with the sun in Belize. It is very hot and very strong. Drink water you don't think you need.

Best of luck!

I called the # on the website & spoke to a very nice gentleman about this resort. Here is what I've learned in a nutshell:

This is not a "resort" in that it does not have a fancy pool, hot tub, etc. In fact, there is no pool or hot tub. Rather, it is an island with a beach, thatched roof, open air grill/bar, lounge chairs, etc. There is plenty of shade (unlike Bannister). The beach area does have bits of coral & there are sand fleas, but this is common on most islands of Belize so bug spray is always recommended. In fact, they sell bug spray.

The current cost is $56 & this includes transportation to & from the ship/pier & also a 1 hour snorkel trip to the reef. The island is relatively close to the pier so the tour is about 5 hours, whereas many other tours require a lot of travel time.

If you want decent snorkeling, you really need to take the excursion to the reef. You can see some fish & little coral from shore, but the good stuff is at the reef.

We don't plan to be in Belize until November, but this place has my vote as of now!

If anyone visits or has further info, please post back here!

"CORAL GABLES GUY" you only register to promote SUN BEACH RESORT ?

U have 5 posts and all promoting sun breach resort and his Website

Last time i went there i was almost eaten alive by bugs !

I wonder if you are one of the owner of Sun beach resort.

Archived