Guaranteed Cabin Category

owtrspace

I just received my docs yesterday for a sailing in one month. At what point does Princess assign a cabin for those who reserved guarantees? My docs do not indicate a cabin number. This is the first time I took the GUAR option and hope that it will work in my favor. Any help and/or insight would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

A GTY assignment could happen at anytime up to 48 hours prior to sailing. Usually the dispatcher at Princess has all cabin assignments completed by that point. From my own experience, the longer it takes them to assign you a cabin the better the odds that you will be moved up into a higher category...good luck and keep checking your Cruise Personalizer for your cabin assignment.

My friends booked an inside cat. M guarantee and did not found out until the day before sailing that they were upgraded and assigned in a cat. E oceanview cabin (E410) on the Golden Princess (9/05 from SJU). I was their travel agent and could not get a cabin assignment for them until that day.

We were assigned a cabin 4 days before sail. Then when we got to the dock we found we were reassigned to a FULL SUITE "gratis!!!" Of course our TA gave the cruise lines a HARD PUSH for that one.

Note: We paid for a cheapo balcony gty.

My TA called me 6 days before sail, and told me he was trying to get us into either of 2 SUITES, and gave me the cabin #'s but he didn't know how successful he would be. Well we hit the JACKPOT. I don't think my feet touched the ground for 3 days.

Any ?'s e-mail me @ ksiggins@faroudja.com

You never know when you will get a cabin. We always book guarantee and it's been different every time. The closest was on the Royal in April when we didn't get a cabin until 4 days before sailing. We just booked Sept 2nd - the Island Princess for an April '05 sailing and have had two different cabins already. Don

Archived