Excursion wear

paige1014

Leaving on the Spirit in less than 2 weeks but have a newbie question before I pack............ what do we wear on the ATV excursion and then also the zip-line excursion (no cave tubing)? Should we wear long pants because of bugs or will we die of heat? Thx!

went on the spirit last year. our atv excursion was in samana. great ride! if it is dry, wear a bandana over your mouth. and glasses or goggles. the dust from 20 atv's is pretty bad. wear something you can swim in, there will be stops for swimming. sneakers are your best bet for your feet , just don't wear sandals or flip flops if your driving. we will be on the sun next week, and will be riding in belize. have fun.

Leaving on the Spirit in less than 2 weeks but have a newbie question before I pack............ what do we wear on the ATV excursion and then also the zip-line excursion (no cave tubing)? Should we wear long pants because of bugs or will we die of heat? Thx!

From what I recall the recommended wear for ATV was long pants and shirts - (which is why we didn't go - too hot)

Zip lines in Belize were fantastic - we wore bathing suits under shorts and T shirt - some did go with bathing suits on but the harness can rub on the inside of the legs - so we opted for shorts & lots of bug repellant - It was a blast !! We did go cavetubing afterwards & really enjoyed that as well. You need water shoes for the cavetubing some rocky ground

I'd suggest wearing workout type capris and a tank top. I used them for many excursions. Shorts do not work on canopy tours! I also wore Lands End tennis shoes that were made for water - can't remember the name of them right now but they were perfect for cruise excursions. Sears sells a lot of Land's End now so you could find them there. I also got a pair of swim shorts from them that I love. They had pockets so wore them on the ATV that also included a beach.

Archived